Pure Speculation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spahoose

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
I'm posting this here because I don't want to cause an avalanche on the main page. Today at work, I saw a most interesting thing. Customers that purchased their equipment had credits placed on their accounts that roughly matched the price of their recievers. The more receivers on the account, the higher the credit. There were no notes to explain why these credits were there either. (THIS IS PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART); could Voom Corporate be reembursing purchasers for equipment behind the scenes? Makes sense to me. These credits have to be on the account before it is closed for them to show up on the final statement.

That is good news for those who purchased there receiver.

Thanks for the info

t

spahoose said:
I'm posting this here because I don't want to cause an avalanche on the main page. Today at work, I saw a most interesting thing. Customers that purchased their equipment had credits placed on their accounts that roughly matched the price of their recievers. The more receivers on the account, the higher the credit. There were no notes to explain why these credits were there either. (THIS IS PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART); could Voom Corporate be reembursing purchasers for equipment behind the scenes? Makes sense to me. These credits have to be on the account before it is closed for them to show up on the final statement.
I just spoke to a CSR and he said they have not been given any information but he notice that some box owners have been given credits on there accounts. My question is how do you become one of those box owners since I purchsed four boxes ? If you give one owner back money you have set a precidence and are required by law to refund all owners. I am not a lawyer, but I believe this is simple college business law 101. Does anyone know if I am correct?

Woot! I have a positive credit on my account right now ;). I told the guy I was waiting on my check...

-MP

kfried001 said:
I just spoke to a CSR and he said they have not been given any information but he notice that some box owners have been given credits on there accounts. My question is how do you become one of those box owners since I purchsed four boxes ? If you give one owner back money you have set a precidence and are required by law to refund all owners. I am not a lawyer, but I believe this is simple college business law 101. Does anyone know if I am correct?

I'm not a lawyer but, it may make a difference if you have a current account or not. If you cancelled your account, did you also void any implied agreement pertaining to the equipment?
I'm confused on your statement about becoming a box owner. If you purchased your equipment then you are a box owner.

I'm sure if you give this thread time, you will find that more box owners are going to state that they have a positive credit on their account. If they say they haven't then it may be due to the fact that their account has not been reviewed yet.

kfried001 said:
What I meant was one of those box owners who are getting a refund for the reciever(s) they purchased. Do you have to make an issue about it, or will CVC/Voom do it automatically.

sounds like if you didn't say till the end than you may have to eat you boxes but if you stayed you will payed back for them.

t

kfried001 said:
What I meant was one of those box owners who are getting a refund for the reciever(s) they purchased. Do you have to make an issue about it, or will CVC/Voom do it automatically.

It will automatically be applied. You do not have to call in to get the credit.
At the present time, I don't know about the customers that cancelled prior to shut down. I guess they'll have to call in to see if credits were applied to their accounts.

madpoet said:
Woot! I have a positive credit on my account right now ;). I told the guy I was waiting on my check...

-MP

If I may ask, how much did you originally pay? How much was you credit? Did you get the full amount back?

Thanks

-k

I originally paid $500 total for 2 receivers. I had not paid my March or April bills (I know, bad me) which totalled about $170. I had a positive credit on my account of, if I remember correctly, $230. So it looks like I was credited back $400. Not the full purchase price, but still a nice chunk of it.

-MP

spahoose said:
I'm not a lawyer but, it may make a difference if you have a current account or not. If you cancelled your account, did you also void any implied agreement pertaining to the equipment?
That makes perfect sense, actually. If someone has cancelled their service, uhhhh, where can VOOM apply the credit to ?? As you said, when a person cancelled, they effectively voided any contract or agreement.

hall said:
That makes perfect sense, actually. If someone has cancelled their service, uhhhh, where can VOOM apply the credit to ?? As you said, when a person cancelled, they effectively voided any contract or agreement.
They can always cut them a hard check and send it to their last known address. Personally, a 2 year warranty is a two year warranty - even if individuals cancelled service, they still had an opportunity return at a later time.

Is Voom going to sending out a letter about their lease equipment this week? Has any heard anything about a response from Voom yet?

Yes, but not to Voom. All I've done with them is periodically check with the CSRs if there was any news. If you're going to tell me that they are monitoring this forum and applying credits based on the amount of bitching, I'd say you're a bit paranoid. But then, I think that already anyway ;)

-MP

What account?

When you say account, do you mean the account the money was originally drawn from in order to pay for the equipment, the Voom account that we no longer have access to online, or the account that the monthly service fees were paid from? I'd like to give them a call too, can somebody provide their #800?

Thanks in advance,

me

$0.00 balance

I bought two boxes from the outset and stayed until the end. I did not cancel the service. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones to get a credit. I just called and checked my account balance. So far it shows no credit. But thanks for the phone number anyway.

me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)