Put Motor on 36" WordDirect Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluetrain1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
A retiring dish installer gave me an 36" Elliptical Dish that was made for Diwreck TV. It has a standard ku lnb intended for the Sat at 95 and a circular LNB intended for 101. Can I rig this thing up with a dish moving motor (diseqc motor), hook it up to my Pansat 2500a and make it work? Any tricks? Would I be better off removing the included two lnb setup and put in just :confused: one invacom quad linear/circular lnb? Here is what the dish looks like:

Attachments

• 36inchdish.jpg
    36inchdish.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 36inchdish2.jpg
    36inchdish2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Looks like it would work! You want to remove as much weight as you can from the dish. Then use a DiSEqC 2 way switch from the LNB's to the motor then one coax all the way from the motor to receiver (Don't forget to ground the system)

Looks like it would work as a 30" dish (Two positions) , so the DBS signals will be STRONG and the KU signals should be OK. If its on a motor the whole dish dips as it motors so that should also help with the signals!
Not sure about the LNB that is being used for KU but a better low noise unit may be an option!

You should be able to use a motor fine. I would recommend the STAB HH100 or HH120 for this dish. You might have to use a spacer to fill in the gap between the motor shaft (2" OD) and the pole mounting bracket on your dish.

Those international DirecTV dishes work well for Ku. If you want to swap the LNB on it for a lower noise one, you should look into the Invacom line of LNBs with the C-120 flange. These will mate perfectly to the feedhorn on that dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)