put your $ where your mouth is?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
IM willing to have voom charge me extra
$10.00 per month for Sci-fi.
$5.00 per month for HGTV

what about you what would you pay extra for if it was possible.

Not those ch's.... if they gave me more HD I would pay extra.

Technut said:
IM willing to have voom charge me extra
$10.00 per month for Sci-fi.
$5.00 per month for HGTV

what about you what would you pay extra for if it was possible.

Technut,
very shortly there will be posts here saying that both channels (and many more) should be included with no extra charge, damn it!. Oh, and popcorn for connoisseurs.

Personally, I would pay extra for HDNet and INHD1&2.

I would be willing to pay $10 for them to get rid of EVERY SD channel and replace them with INHD, INHD2, HDNet and HDNet Movies.

deArgila said:
I would be willing to pay $10 for them to get rid of EVERY SD channel and replace them with INHD, INHD2, HDNet and HDNet Movies.

Okay, I'll go with this one too, but only if they up the bandwidth on all HD channels to 18 Mbs or better.

deArgila said:

theres a option just the HD feeds, ALL OF THEM for voom It is suppossed to be the leader in high-def, so why not have all of them..and ditch SD,
there;s a good option package, im sure many of us would take that route

I'd do the $5 for Sci Fi...

For those that want to get rid of SD channels, why not just buy a pretty picture to hang on the wall, content has more to do with it than picture quality.

Just have to hold out 2 more months until October when VOOM's new satellite lease starts and they are able to expand their offerings....

We watch alot of the Sci Fi channel.

Here is what we watch:

Law & Order(all of them)
Soprano's
The L Word
Stargate(Both)
The 4400(finally!)

We also will be watching the new Farscape mini series, Battlestar Galactica, and some other new ones coming out.

For that I pay nearly 100 per month and don't get to see half of what I want.

Movies we catch something if nothing is on, otherwise we goto the video store or buy a movie.

deArgila said:

Here's why I feel this way ...

Voom is an HDTV oriented provider. They should just accept this as their mission.

If you try to please everyone with SD channels, everything else will suffer. There will always be something they don't have that some guy is whinning about - while the rest of us are stuck funding channels that we never watch and don' care to watch.

Voom should just team up with the local cable company and be the ultimate supplemental provider.

If you just want HD, get Voom. If you need SD, subscribe to basic cable AND Voom HD.

Give me the following line-up (and nothing else) - plus a HD-DVR, and I'll pay $60/mo.

21 Voom exclusives
ESPN-HD
DiscoveryHD
BravoHD+
TNT-HD
INHD
INHD2
HDNet
HDNet Movies
FSN-HD where available
NFL-HD
HBO-HD
ShowtimeHD
StarzHD
EncoreHD
TMC-HD

and WealthHD for good measure.

Then add EVERY HD channel that comes out.

I would pay more for more HD, and to keep Voom commercial-free!

It costs money to offset the loss of ad revenue, but it is WORTH it!

Voom is hard to compare, dollar for dollar, against Dish and DTV. I would not swap Voom for Dish or DTV at ANY price because I would miss the Voom exclusives, and I could not stand all the commercials on all those SD channels.

I say...
Keep Voom as "HD-only" as possible!
Keep Voom as commercial-free as possible!

I think they should put all HD channels, along with all future HD channels, in the basic package... Go up to around $60.00 for the basic... And split all the SD channels into Plus Packs for those who want their SD channels... Such as the SD News Pack, the SD Drama Pack, the SD Comedy Pack, the SD Movie Pack (or Packs), etc.,etc.,etc... and maybe even the SD Complete Pack...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts