PVPT2 Cable Continuity Tester

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

R-U-Q-R-U

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Central Florida
I was checking some cables using the Perfect Vision PVPT2 cable continuity tester like this one: ( http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Perfect/Pocket-Coax-Cable-Tester.htm )

This unit has an LED on top that the instructions say lights when it detects "short circuits in DC." I tested some cables I made and the LED was ON. So I checked some commercial bought cables and the LED lights up too.

So, what does it mean? Is the tool always going to inidicate a short circuit with RG6? What effect does that have on signal strength?

Thanks.

hi i work for comcast and we use those as toners. If the light goes on it means the cable is hooked to a splitter or cable box or dish ird or lnb. if the other end is not hooked up or the line is cut the light will go off. also put the led end on a cable go to the other end of the cable and use the small but end and it should give you a tone it helps to find a cable when its unmarked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)