Pvr 721

trooper7648

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
Does a 721 need to receive signals from both 110 and 119 Satellites? If so what are the advantages of receiving both? The installer is coming back out tomorrow and I want to make sure it's hooked up correctly.

Thanks!

It doesn't have to. I had only 119 for awhile and everything worked fine.

The one thing that only comes off 110 that you would definitely be interested in is the 9 day guide. If you only have 119, your guide will only go out about 48 hours.

It basically comes down to what you want to watch. If you have AT60, pretty much everything is on 119.

Things to think about.
Is there anything on 110 that you want to watch?
If you get locals, where are they?
You do have to have both receivers in the 721 hooked up, even if it is only to 119.

> The 9 day EPG vs. 2 day EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
> Locals off of 110 in select markets. Some are on 105 or 121 while others are on 119
> Around 2 Premium Movie channels per movie package are on 110
> Additional Public Interest Channels
> AT180 Package

A Dish300 which only receives 119 is good for AT60 or AT120 without locals.

Crazy question time. What happens if tuner 1 is connected to 110 and tuner 2 is connected to 119?

You cant do that. The switch matrix has to be identical on both tuners.

BobaBird, FYI - I am only able to see 119 and have always gotton the new software updates.

Jim

I just got verification from TNGTony that the software "is available from all 4 DBS satellite locations" (his chart lists the EPG channels but not the software ones).

I'm not sure about never, though. He goes on to say, "Yes I remember now. I don't remember when it changed, but it was a while ago that the software started coming down with the regular bit stream for all the receivers. Sorry I'd forgotten about that."

The important thing is that it's no longer an issue.