PVR survey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satmandew

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
I am slightly familiar with fta. I have a cw600p. I was thinking about upgrading to an HD-PVR.I guess my question is, is this possible? IF so, What would be a good,inexpensive reciever to start with? can anyone help?....thanks

...and you want it when??

I was thinking about upgrading to an HD-PVR.
What would be a good,inexpensive reciever to start with?
1). Good HD receiver? Jury is out
2). Inexpensive HD receiver? hahahahaha
3). PVR HD receiver? I don't think there are any...
...and if there are, they probably don't meet requirement 1 & 2
4). and I almost forgot, there is very little documented HD FTA, today.

Contrary opinions are graciously solicited. :D

sv8000 is an HD vcr. not PVR. if a vcr can do it, the sv8000 can do it. but it doesnt act like a pvr.

btw. make sure you can return it if your not happy with it. I sold mine on ebay.

Closest box to what you want is the Pansat 9200. It is (supposedly) PVR-ready via e-SATA, but I don't think its implemented via firmware yet.

maybe this

just goes to prove, don't know till you ask.haha..OK..no HD. Has anyone reveiwed the CW800s? I read somewhere that you can add a ram stick, or something, and record a couple hours...I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this, as these recievers are well within my price range at $ 145.00...thanks again.

. . . as are the Conaxsat twins, the Duo and the Trio.
Review of 'em in the FTA Review section, along with a review of the Visionsat.

(In all these cases, we are talking about a modest priced receiver which takes an external USB hard drive for storage)

I really appreciate the input. you guys are great. the reason i was asking about the CW800s, is because i am familiar with the captiveworks menu....scanning.....setup...etc.. I guess its time to try something new..haha...thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)