PVR721 and a Liteon DVD Recorder vcr control?

atdsl

Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Hello,
Has anyone found a way to get the 721 to see the Liteon LVW5005 DVD Recorder as a VCR? I would like to have the 721 control the DVD Recorder as if it were a vcr, but currently have not figured out how this can be done.

I wonder if Dish is going to update their manual to include some of the new dvd recorders, as vcr's are becomming a thing of the past?

Thanks,
Atldsl

as far as i remember you have to hook it up and set up the recording options manually,start your dvr program and hit record on the dvd recorder.......doesnt do much for the term 'automation'..oh well....better than a vcr...

atdsl said:
Hello,
Has anyone found a way to get the 721 to see the Liteon LVW5005 DVD Recorder as a VCR? I would like to have the 721 control the DVD Recorder as if it were a vcr, but currently have not figured out how this can be done.

I wonder if Dish is going to update their manual to include some of the new dvd recorders, as vcr's are becomming a thing of the past?

Thanks,
Atldsl

It's not a matter of updating the manual to include DVD recorders. The remote codes for other equipment are stored on the circuit board within the remote. It's not upgradeable. Best bet is to set up an autotune timer in the receiver and a timer in the DVD recorder to start recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts