Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
How often do you scrub your channel lists and start over from scratch? :confused:

I've got close to 500 video channels & I dunno how many audio on about 10 SATS. I haven't gone through and deleted many of the blank/scrambled that don't have picture/sound.

It seems when I do a search, I get doubles of channels sometimes.

Any ideas, tips?

Thanx!

unless you're scanning either one of the Dish Network sats or have it set to show all channels (vs. FTA only), I don't see why you have that many.

I don't ever delete all of them. I go through and delete them as needed. You can delete more than one at a time. You go in the channel edit and go to the channel you want to delet, hit the right or left arrow which hilites it, scroll to the next and repeat. When you're all ready to delet, hit OK and that will delete what is hilited :)

Good question its SO easy to get clogged up with channels.
I have two (at least) receivers I use one to motorise and store one or two key channels from each satellite, then I use the blind search on the other receiver (loop through) as a tool to do my blind scanning, its not ideal but works for me and I never get snowed under with channels. I am more of a satellite collector than a channel collector.

I wish you could bulk erase channels (without master rest of course)

instead of selecting each one then deleting

I am not home and am speaking from memory but.....
I know on my Pansat 330a I can delete transponders on a selected satellite and I am pretty sure I can also delete a satellite listing from the setup menu. Of course it would then be necessary to go back in and setup the satellite again.
I have deleted transponders and know the channels disappear from the listings.

Iceberg said:
unless you're scanning either one of the Dish Network sats or have it set to show all channels (vs. FTA only), I don't see why you have that many.
:)

I don't have any E* SATS because they are all scrambled plus I subscribe to AEP anyway.

I looked for the audio the first time before I did a factory reset. I had to go thru and delete how many channels that had '$Channelname'.

Now I took the E* SATS out of the list so I don't clog it up again. ;)

I do however scan FTA/Scramble on each SAT because sometime I find more channels that just FTA would miss.

WTguy said:
I am not home and am speaking from memory but.....
I know on my Pansat 330a I can delete transponders on a selected satellite and I am pretty sure I can also delete a satellite listing from the setup menu. Of course it would then be necessary to go back in and setup the satellite again.
I have deleted transponders and know the channels disappear from the listings.

WT
what we're trying to do is delete mass amounts of channels (like 50 at a time)
I've deleted enough TP's off the menu :)

Mark_AR said:
I do however scan FTA/Scramble on each SAT because sometime I find more channels that just FTA would miss.

Exactly. I found around 15-20 channels that have $ in front, yet are FTA

Iceberg said:
WT
what we're trying to do is delete mass amounts of channels (like 50 at a time)
I've deleted enough TP's off the menu :)

Oh, I understand but doesn't deleting of tps and/or satellites delete the channels? (Still not home to see what my 330a does. Can't wait until Saturday!)

Also, if you are very good with computers you could hook up your receiver and make the deletions that way.

nope. Tried to delete TP's and that doesnt help

the computer idea is a good one...of course I would need about a 50 foot modem cable :)

Cascade said:
I was about to ask, hasn't anyone used GTools ?

Umm Consulting my 8-Ball....

The answer is NO.

What is GTools? Don't see it on the PANSAT site.

Just GTRom STB Updater ver 2.1b^^

couple questions of my own

I had some quick questions as I try to manage my already large list of channels (Pansat 2500A):

1) Is there any way (or trick) to insert a gap between channel numbers? Like if I wanted some channels from 1-8, then some from 10-20, and so on...

2) Are there any good methods of managing the channel list from a computer? That would make things much, much quicker. Ideally, I would like any info on the protocol used by the Pansat to communicate channel list information and I'd make up something myself to do it (all my computers are Linux and MacOSX, no Windows). But, if Windows software is the only way at the moment, I could install it on a PC temporarily (it would be worth it in the long run).

TuxCoder said:
I had some quick questions as I try to manage my already large list of channels (Pansat 2500A):

1) Is there any way (or trick) to insert a gap between channel numbers? Like if I wanted some channels from 1-8, then some from 10-20, and so on...

not that I'm aware of
2) Are there any good methods of managing the channel list from a computer? That would make things much, much quicker. Ideally, I would like any info on the protocol used by the Pansat to communicate channel list information and I'd make up something myself to do it (all my computers are Linux and MacOSX, no Windows). But, if Windows software is the only way at the moment, I could install it on a PC temporarily (it would be worth it in the long run).
god I hope so! On weekends, deleting 100 channels from the feeds stuff (especially last weekend with the hurricane) it was a pain

Hi,

I do not think gtools is a hack program. All it does is communicate with the receiver using the SDX protocol to upload/download the list of satellites/transponders/channels. This protocol is documented in http://www.satcodx.info/ .This site also provides a tool for that. I think gtools is more complete and easy to use that the one available in this site.

Is anyone using gtools or any other SDX tool to edit the channel list?

RJB

Like Berg, I can use something to delete mass channels after Frances and DNC last week.

500+ channels and growing...

Eeek!

When I first got my system I thought I had to keep everything I scanned, I had over 1300 channels on that thing. It went on the blink and when they sent me the new one I decided I was only going to keep what I was interested in. Now I have about 60 channels saved. When I scan and don't find anything I am interested in, I delete it right then.

~J~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)