QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1ADAM12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
10-6 Gas Pumps
Trying to get a pci driver installed on my laptop usb 2.0. Looked in Bios and there was no option for pci. Only help I got was from the DVB World Manual. The QQ Box Sold on eBay has no support at all from Shenzan Manufacturer. The Software and driver are from Blaze and I did get theri driver installed. The Vista Home Premium does not recognize a PCI device attached to the USB port.

Tried to download the driver from download.com and zd.net but no luck. Microsoft Downloads was no help either.

Attachments

• b591_35.jpg
    b591_35.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,234
  • ViewPicture.jpg
    ViewPicture.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,481
  • HI7-1.jpg
    HI7-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,665
Last edited:
You appear to be looking for a USB Device Driver for TV-SO2 DVB-S receiver. While the driver and Sat TV viewer software are said to be included with it on a CD, its hard to find anyone able to get this particular nice looking device actually working in N/A. Not sure, what PCI has to do with it, but good luck!

You appear to be looking for a USB Device Driver for TV-SO2 DVB-S receiver. While the driver and Sat TV viewer software are said to be included with it on a CD, its hard to find anyone able to get this particular nice looking device actually working in N/A. Not sure, what PCI has to do with it, but good luck!

This DVB-S Receiver has a PCI Chipset and in order for the USB to communicate with it must have a special driver. Called, Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Driver.

Are you able to see this tuner in Windows Device Manager or similar applications, like Everest? How exactly its identified there (list hierarchically)?

Go into Device Manager> right-click on the problem USB Controller>Properties> and let windows search on the Net for the driver.

If you don't see the device, and can't find the required driver on its CD or the net, you have 2 options:

- search the web for controller models used in this device, or for the driver itself (you need to know the controller model unfortunately, though universal Vista compatible driver may be available.)

OR

- open its cover and accurately list in this thread all chip models soldered on it's PCB you manage to read, adding its open case close-up pics.

Last edited:
Are you able to see this tuner in Windows Device Manager or similar applications, like Everest? How exactly its identified there (list hierarchically)?

Go into Device Manager> right-click on the problem USB Controller>Properties> and let windows search on the Net for the driver.

If you don't see the device, and can't find the required driver on its CD or the net, you have 2 options:

- search the web for controller models used in this device, or for the driver itself (you need to know the controller model unfortunately, though universal Vista compatible driver may be available.)

OR

- open its cover and accurately list in this thread all chip models soldered on it's PCB you manage to read, adding its open case close-up pics.

Not in Device Manager, that is why I searched for it on the web. I can find the driver to download at several sites but cnet and zdnet who I trust return an error page from Microsoft.com I tried searching Microsoft Download and come up with XP SP2 for a location for the driver but the site will not download this to a PC with Vista running.

I will take pictures of the chip set and PCB and post them later today.

I was in hopes that this box was a clone of DVB World USB box and would run their well supported software and documentation.

Thought maybe this issue may have come up for those using the DVB World USB box.

This QQ tuner looks like a box developed exclusively for CN market and later adapted for export to NA by a CN company having no access to NA sats signals, and possible to English Vista OS version. :)

Once you ID the USB controller soldered on its PCB, try to find its manufacturer on the web, and, hopefully, vu a la...you'll get your driver in several places. Whether out of lack or have found it, post the info and file here for others. Can you also post an archive of the small CD that comes with it or a link to it? You may want to amend your thread title, adding QQ Box name to it.

Last edited:
QQ Box Pictures

There is one VLSI chip the LME2510C that connects to the USB port.

The BlazeTV software and the LME driver are supplied on a mini cd.
verified LME driver is in windows/system32/drivers folder.

Their are two 34063 PRGJA chips.

All identified in attached Pics.

If anyone has a DVB World USB receiver, Please post Pics of PCB board for comparison.

Thank you

Attachments

• QQBox4.jpg
    QQBox4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • QQBox3.jpg
    QQBox3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • QQBox2.jpg
    QQBox2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • QQBox1.jpg
    QQBox1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,323
  • 665A0906.JPG
    665A0906.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,348
What's it frontend model - the NIM receiver's part number, where coax ends are connected?
What driver version do you have on the CD - does it match any of these LME Drivers? The 34063 chip sounds like a voltage converter & regulator controller to me.

The Sharp tuner has W in a circle 9711CA and F7HZ7395.

I did download a newer driver that was identified as a USB dongle driver.
Followed the instructions and placed the files in PrgoDVB/Modules and BlazeTV/Plugins folders.

Vista still reports Unknown USB Device.

Could not figure out how to change the thread name.

USB configuration and DVB World Manual.

Attachments

• DeviceManager.jpg
    DeviceManager.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,606
  • DVBWorldManual.jpg
    DVBWorldManual.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,388
  • WindowsUSBerror.jpg
    WindowsUSBerror.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,401
Forget about the DVB World Manual for now. Did you try MVB7395 (LME2510C+SHARP:BS2F7HZ7395) driver from LME site? Click on "Unknown USB device" Properties - Driver, and point to the unpacked 32-bit driver, installed in Windows folder or its corresponding sub-folder, or point to the latest file saved today in the repository: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. You can find where the driver was installed by looking through its installer's log file, or using Vista File Search for latest files saved on your PC. If you still have a problem, try DriveMax to find another suitable driver or contact LME and let us know.

Last edited:
Disconnect your DiSEqC Switch for now, connect your coax cable from the receiver directly to the LNB, and follow my post above. I don't think this should bear any effect on the device recognition by Windows anyway. The algorithm we followed is suitable to find a missing driver for any no-name "unknown device".

Last edited:
Straight to LNBF. Unknown USB error. Pointed to file in repository, Vista ignores it. Says best driver already installed but shows MS generic.

Seems strange to me that OEM software would create a USB comm interface.

Last edited:
There are several ways to install devices in Windows. Make sure, you're logged in as Administrator. Delete this Device from Windows Device Manager without disconnecting. Windows should start looking for its driver again, point to the correct driver (make sure its the right one), or follow Windows Add New Hardware routing. If no luck, disconnect the Device, reboot Windows (it will read the updated by the driver Installer Registry), login as Admin and re-connect it again, pointing to the right driver. If no luck again, try to uninstall the driver, you just installed and all drivers for the same device, you installed previously, then follow basic instructions from Installing a USB Device in Vista page. You may also want to try to disconnect and Delete the device from Device Manager, shut down PC, connect the device and switch ON the PC causing to check its ports again, or try to leave the device connected and powered OFF, install its driver, then power the device ON. It should hopefully work out for you. :)

P.S. Just in case, switch OFF your antivirus soft before re-installing the driver, and don't forget to login as Admin. Same is true, when Deleting a device or changing its assigned driver via Add Hardware Wizard or Device Manager.

Attachments

• LME USB 2.0 Controller.jpg
    LME USB 2.0 Controller.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
From your previous post I went to MS Support and ran their trouble shooting tool. It came back and said that I did not have windows update set for automatic driver updates. I could not find where in windows update to set it for automatic driver updates.

Used DriveMax and came up with only one driver current, but which one do I really need to get this working?

Attachments

• OldDriversList.jpg
    OldDriversList.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
Look here for Auto Driver Update setup. However, I doubt for the MS Update Server to have this particular driver, and besides you already have the latest copy anyway. Just try installing the device properly, don't give up, follow above suggestions. Did you try DriverMax as well?

Another approach would be to ask a more experienced friend or MS Tech Support for that matter. They can help you remotely to install the driver you found via a small Remote Access application loaded to your PC to see its screen and control it, which can be deactivated later. :)

P.S. If you don't have problems with other devices, why update their drivers? Backup FileRepository folder before doing that, or use DriverMax to backup all drivers. You're on the right track, just need some patience. How DriverMax ID the tuner? It can also find a wrong driver, if the ID is wrong. But you seems to have the RIGHT DRIVER already.

Btw, what's the file name, version and date of a similar driver on the included CD? Run Everest to ID the device more accurately.

Last edited:
Their is an .EXE file on the CD so can't see file details. However it does install a much older file LMEDevice.dll.

Using LME software dated in 2008 everything seems to load properly. It has a USB installation file and that installs OK.

Using the MS DOC manual included I followed instructions for both ProgDVB and BlazeTV. Files appear in ProgDVB.

There is still that persistant USB Unknown device error and ProgDVB states driver not started.

It seems more likely now that there is a hardware malfunction.

I did swap the USB cable but had same results.

Too bad, it would be a neat little receiver if it worked, lol

You have been very helpful Zamar.

Thanks. It may not be a hardware problem, but that CN driver wasn't tested in Vista English. I still suggest you to cleanup your PC first by Deleting the device in Device Manager, uninstalling all relevant drivers you previously installed. Then run CCleaner to cleanup your PC and its Registry, reboot, start Process Monitor to see where driver files are saved and what Registry entries are created, and reinstall the new driver without the unit attached. You may also want to delete older Registry entries manually, created by your previous installs of various drivers for the same device. Attach the device and watch Process Monitor for what happen when you try to change the device driver in Device Manager, what files the PC looks for and can't find.

Unpack and right click the USB driver file from the CD, and see its Properties, including Name and Version. Open new driver file from the above FileDepository folder in Notepad ++, and post its full content here. You should install newly downloaded USB Driver named DVBS_Sharp7395_20090317_x86_x64.exe, version 1.6.24 dated 03.17.09.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts