Quad KU LNB vs Dual KU LNB/Multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
It seems like it has taken me an eternity but now that it has quit raining every other day I've finally made some progress towards getting my KU dish up and going. The motor arrived last week and with some good luck the satellite itself should arrive this week or next week.

I just have one remaining question.. I do want to expand my KU setup where I can accommodate at least three different receivers because of sports programs with multiple feeds, and our local high school championships where they use multiple sites and broadcast from all three.

Would I be better off going with a dual KU LNB and some sort of multiswitch or would I be better off to go with a quad output LNB and bypass the multiswitch?

Reactions: EmCommSat
Technically a quad LNB has a multiswitch built in. A quattro LNB has individual outputs for each band (universal ku) and polarity and is used with an external multiswitch.

Just an update.. I finally ordered my 1.2m dish from satellite-av on eBay yesterday. I sent the phone # and confirmed shipping with them, so fingers crossed that in a few weeks I'll be up and running! It has taken longer than I expected, but we've had a lot of back & forth in our neighborhood about the "rules" lately and needed to settle that first. We're putting up a wood fence around the front side of our yard to shield the view of the dish from the street. We were already planning to fence in most of the back yard this year for our daughter and dog this year anyway, and the wood portion on the front facing side will look better anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts