Qualify for more than 1 RSN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Maybe I am getting the interpretation wrong here, but I thought you could only have one RSN for your area.

I finally went back to something more than Top 60 on my account and noticed that now get Fox Sports Detroit (Which I had before) and also Comcast Sports Chicago. According to the dish website, both are in my package.

Do I get both because they are owned by different companies? I had asked before to be able to get the old FSN Chicago and was denied, but living where I do (basically a little over 2 hours drive from each city) I wanted to get both.

I am just curious why I was not considered part of the Chicago region before? Was it because Fox was in control of both RSN's? How is an RSN"s region defined?

When my wife and I lived in the Louisville DMA we had both Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports Ohio.

Here in Texas it's only Fox Sports Southwest, which is fine for me.

SatinKzo said:
I am just curious why I was not considered part of the Chicago region before? Was it because Fox was in control of both RSN's? How is an RSN"s region defined?

FSN Chicago must've covered a different Region than CSN Chicago does. Also sometimes dish will only pay the rights feed for a certain area even though their are teams on that network that claim areas outside the region dish gives the RSN to. (An Example of this is MSG)

Just for the record, where I "live" I get Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland/Columbus channel 425) and Fox Sprts Ohio (Cincinnati channel 427). The reason is that area qualifies for both Cincinnat and Cleveland baseball. There are no blackouts on either channel.

As to an RSN map, the next best thing is a site I cannot find now for the life of me. It lists the television market areas claimed by major league teams by zip code. It's ecellent. I've been looking for it for 15 minutes without success. If some one reading this finds the site I am talking about, please post it!

Thanks.
Tony

it appears to me that CSN Chicago is paying E* to cover the entire state of Iowa. My dad, who lives in SW Iowa and has Dish Network, before E* added CSN Chicago had only FSN Midwest. Since CSN Chicago is on E* now, he get's both. I played around for a bit on E*'s website and the same can be said for those in North Central Iowa, they now get CSN Chicago in addition to FSN North.

Now, why E* cann't pony up for us subscribers in Central Iowa to get FSN Midwest in addition to CSN Chicago is beyond me. There's going to be a lot of unhappy campers around here come football time when they find out to get Big 12 football, they are going to have to subscribe to the multi sports pack.

While on the topic of RSN's, i've noticed that a lot of the smaller cable companies ran by local phone companies, espically in Eastern Iowa, have 3 RSN's (CSN Chicago, FSN Midwest, and FSN North, heck some even carry NFL Network :shocked ) and their rates are about the same as E*'s :confused:

You should also know that some areas (like mine) DO qualify for more than 1 RSN - BUT to get the other one (FSN Midwest in our case) you need to sub to the Multisport pak.

Yes, I know that, but it's weird that parts of Iowa can get more than 1 RSN on AT 60+ or higher and other's don't.

dishrich said:
You should also know that some areas (like mine) DO qualify for more than 1 RSN - BUT to get the other one (FSN Midwest in our case) you need to sub to the Multisport pak.

TNGTony said:
Just for the record, where I "live" I get Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland/Columbus channel 425) and Fox Sprts Ohio (Cincinnati channel 427). The reason is that area qualifies for both Cincinnat and Cleveland baseball. There are no blackouts on either channel.

As to an RSN map, the next best thing is a site I cannot find now for the life of me. It lists the television market areas claimed by major league teams by zip code. It's ecellent. I've been looking for it for 15 minutes without success. If some one reading this finds the site I am talking about, please post it!

Thanks.
Tony

Well, there's this site with teams by ZIP (warning - a bit outdated):

http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/rsnteams.htm

For just MLB, a map (and more recent info) is here:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/main/article/danwerr_2003-05-13_0

I have looked all over and I can't get a straight answer to this question. I have the 180 programing in Sacramento and I get FSN Bay Area and Comcast. If I sub to the multi sports pak will I be able to get the rest of the country's FSN's or am I just stuck with the local stuff?

Well the multisport pack will get you the rest of the nets, but you will most likely be blacked out of all pro sports and some college on those networks.

There's only a few rare cases that you actually can get another sports team with the multisport pack because you are in their home market.

What's your zip code?

It is rare to be able to get other sports that are not blacked out with the multi sports package.

Where I "moved" I get both FS Ohio, and FS Cinci as my RSN.
I got the multi sports package for mostly college sports, and it was BONUS when I found out my zip qualifies for FS Pittsburgh with Pirates, and Penguins without blackouts.

You can use the maps posted above to find out what your may or may not get.

Sorry BFG but dishrich is right. There area amall number of people that actually get additional major league sports programming with the multi sports pack.

Yeah re-read my previous posts again. I acknowledge that.

He wanted to know if his zip code got any other sports and I responded by saying no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)