Quality goes to 60 then zero, signal solid at 80 103w 11840h30000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Got a problem with the nbc feeds. I realize the good ones at 11840 H 30000 . Well, all three of those nbc tps really. Same with the cozi tv... Signal stays constant at 80 but quality comes at 60 then drops to zero repeatedly. I've seen signal levels do this but never quality. I understand this can be a hard tp... But normally like I said usually when zeroing my dish quality moves slowly up and down. Never had one come in then out like that. I do not hav this problem for the other channels I had listed.

It's only those 30000 tps all other tps at 103w seem to work fine. Any thoughts or pointers?

Another funny note. When I was setting up the lnbf outside with my stb and tv just a straight line and 15ft of rg6 I did NOT pick up this tp at all. But added a diseqc switch and 75 feet of line and 3 barrel connectors to put it inside my house now I can pick it up a little bit. Weird as can be huh.

wsi 0.1 standard lnbf
ds2076 dish
x2 premium

You might need a larger dish where you live, the dish you are using is not very big and some people struggle with those feeds.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Don't know if you knew it but Cozi has a weird skew that's about 20 degrees off everything else on that sat. This will be resolved in the future when AMC1 content is switched over to SES3. Most people just turn their LNB until Cozi comes in (about 10 degrees or so) but not so far as to affect reception of other channels on other sats. Don't know if that's your issue but thought it was worth mentioning just in case.:)

Yea I can't wait to get back out there to play with the lnb again. I See that satellite carries multiple nbc channels and blind scanning gets me a few...On another note from fta4pa...I think I may just have to be patient rather than trying to peak signal now...August 24 is the big day according to microhd's website...side note that satellite was carrying some cbs sports stuff for a few hours on Sunday night

http://microspace.com/satellites/satellite-transition

According to a statement from Microspace published on August 11th, the transition from AMC-1 to SES-3 has been postponed and will no longer be happening on August 24th. SES still does not have final approval from the FCC to operate SES-3. As you may know, this final approval has been held up due to SES and DirecTV arguing over the use of the Ka-band at the 103°W orbital location.

http://microspace.com/2014/microspaces-august-24-satellite-transition-delayed

Don't know if you knew it but Cozi has a weird skew that's about 20 degrees off everything else on that sat. This will be resolved in the future when AMC1 content is switched over to SES3. Most people just turn their LNB until Cozi comes in (about 10 degrees or so) but not so far as to affect reception of other channels on other sats. Don't know if that's your issue but thought it was worth mentioning just in case.:)
It's not just Cozi,all the ku on that sat has the odd skew,the C band side has normal skew tho.

I've always been under the impression that the entire Ku side is off skew because the antenna did not deploy correctly.The beach cams come in even without a specialy skewed dish because they're just easier to get.I could of course be under a false impression.

The beach cam channels are with normal skew.

No, as explained in technical filings made with the FCC, all of the Ku-band transponders on AMC-1 have a 26° polarization offset (although many people with 1.2 m or smaller dishes, myself included, seem to get the best reception with about a 20° offset). The beach cameras are on a strong enough DVB-S transponder that they happen to come in fine even with a normal skew.

The Winegard DS2076 [76 cm] is a bit small for reliable reception of that sat, especially if the weather is acting up. a PLL LNB might help lock it in better.

The Winegard DS2076 [76 cm] is a bit small for reliable reception of that sat, especially if the weather is acting up. a PLL LNB might help lock it in better.

I've been looking at the PLL LNB's. The ones I've found most desireable are the long neck ones. Problem with most PLL LNB's I've priced and ran across are of the Universal type. I'm only using standard LNB's right now. Will throwing a Universal in the mess cause problems? I'm not using an 22khz switches yet. Just a single Diseqc 4x1.

Yes it will work fine. The universal LNB however will tie up the 22khz tone so you will not be able to use a 22khz switch.

It's exactly like Jorgek said above, they'll work fine as long as you're not using 22 Khz switches. I have three in my setup with an Amiko 8x1 DISEqC switch and they're working fine.

The universals have a 22 Khz switch built into them for switching between high and low band [9750 and 10600] and that's why they'll mess you up if you use 22 Khz switches with them. If you have no 22 Khz switches and don't plan on using any in the future, you should be fine.

Actually I have to back track there are exceptions. If your are switching between 2 LNBs with a 22khz switch then place the universal LNB on the 22khz (on) side of the switch. Then when you select the universal lnb the 22khz tone will toggle the switch on and the tone will carry on to the lnb and set it to the 10600 side. I've done it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)