Quality RG-6 purchasing source recommendations

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I'm leary of some of the vendors on Amazon or eBay, and I've learned my lesson using non-swept cable with a 1000.2 install for my Hoppers. I'm looking for about 250' of dual RG-6, with ground lead, underground installable, and swept for 3g. Can anyone recommend a good source? Thanks!!

I recommend Monoprice.com
Stay away from cheep generic CATV coax, designed strictly for economy, with a thin aluminum braid and a copper-coated steel center conductor.
You will pay more for good quality.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've tried the Monoprice coax, but what I bought is not rated as swept for 3ghz and the conduit I am using cracked somewhere and is full of water so I need something that can be buried. 100' isn't enough, so looks like I'll be buying a lot of spare cable.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've tried the Monoprice coax, but what I bought is not rated as swept for 3ghz and the conduit I am using cracked somewhere and is full of water so I need something that can be buried. 100' isn't enough, so looks like I'll be buying a lot of spare cable.
Your conduit may not have cracked if open at both ends and joints are sealed condensation can fill the cold pipe under ground.

I look for solid copper wire. Far more flexible and I am still using the same cables I started with 9 years ago.

Beware of the Sometimes ABSURD shipping costs.
You may see a relatively low retail price then go to the shopping cart. The price for shipping can be as mush as 25% of the retail price for the cable itself..

Lowes sells a 250' reel for around $33. Not sure of the brand of that reel but two major manufacturers of wire in the USA are Southwire and Cerrowire. Romex brand, of course, is made in Mexico.

I always buy mine from Home Deepot ;-) I believe they sell it in 500 ft but it's been a while since I bought it. I ran all my own 3 Ghz swept quad shield for a 2 H/3J system only to have the installer complain about the shielding hurting his fingers.

Home Depot usually has Belden cable. Excellent quality cable, as with Commscope. Those are the only 2 brands I use and never had any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts