Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
It's on right now!

From voom.com:

Queen & Paul Rodgers: Return of the Champions

Queen's 2005 world tour was one of the live concerts of the year with Paul Rodgers (Free and Bad Company) stepping into the irreplaceable and legendary Freddie Mercury's shoes alongside Brian May and Roger Taylor. The spectacular show recorded in Sheffield in front of a rapturous audience of 12,000 includes all the Queen classics including as 'I Want it All', 'We Will Rock You', 'Under Pressure', 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and 'We are the Champions' as well as Rodgers' anthem classic 'All Right Now'.

I actually like how Paul Rodgers is doing that!
Sure, he is no Freddie Mercury, but he does have his own touch.

Old videos of Freddie in the background. I am not a fan of Queen but did enjoy their music at point in my life. How did Freddie Mercury die?

According to the book Mercury and Me by lover Jim Hutton, Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS in the spring of 1987. Despite the fact that he claimed to have tested negative for HIV in a 1987 interview, the British press nonetheless stalked the singer during the final years of his life. Although rumours about his health were rampant, he continued to deny that he had AIDS. From the 1991 video "These Are the Days of Our Lives," which represents Mercury's last appearance on film, it is clear that he was suffering from severe wasting. The lyrics of the song "The Show Must Go On", credited to all four members of Queen, further gave some clue to Mercury's attempts to hide his illness: "My makeup may be flaking/But my smile still stays on." On November 22, 1991 Mercury called Queen's manager Jim Beach over to his Kensington home to discuss a public statement. Only those closest to him knew how close to the end he really was. On November 23, the announcement was made that Mercury had AIDS. Freddie Mercury died at home in the presence of close friends at age 45 on November 24, 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury

It was a great hour fill with memories of how music was in the old days... Ilya saw your post after I found out. AIDs terrible disease... I had a close relative who died from Aids.

Good concert! Too bad it's only 1 hour...

Saw Queen back in early 70's, their first US tour, at the Santa Monica Civic. I'll never forget Stone Cold Crazy and May's bank of Vox AC30's.

Knew they'd go to the top pronto. 2 years later saw them at the Forum. Bo Rap was a highlight of that concert. No one like Freddy.

The only thing I didnt like about it was the Queen Songs were cut short while the bad company songs were played all the way through. This was a QUEEN concert not a Bad Company concert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)