questen about harddrive deleting?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Question about harddrive deleting?

When people get the message that says something like this "errors on hard disk the disk will be cleaned in 7 days"
When I get up in the morning and turn on the TV and have the scrolling dish screen saver on. Will I see the message about the deletion when I push select on the remote or is the message only displayed after the hard disk diagnostic? If its the latter, how would I know I need to move my recordings off the hard drive before they get deleted?
Did I make sense??
Thank You!

The screensaver is unrelated to hard disk problems. Other receivers without hard drives also have the screen saver. It is simply a screen saver, nothing more.

"Q-u-e-s-t-i-o-n"

Ok let me rephrase, does the message that states your hard drive will be cleaned and all of your recorded events will be deleted in 7 day, remain on the screen until you acknowledge it, or does it time out and go back to normal viewing?

If you get the hard drive error message it will display in place of the screen saver. At least that's what it did when I saw it. I don't know if it times out eventually or not. The bad part is that the default button is "Clean" (If I remember correctly). So, if you get up in the morning and press select on the remote before turning on your TV you might be telling it to clean your hard drive and not no it. :eek:

Suggestion: Turn on your TV before pressing Select on the remote!!!!!!!!

You can chose No or Cancel so it won't clean your drive for 7 days but you can clean it yourself anytime before then. When the hard drive error message is displayed and you opt to clean it later, the "Hard Drive" button on the diagnostics screen is enabled (it is usually grayed out). Selecting this button on the diagnostics screen displays the same hard drive error message where you can tell it to clean your drive now.

So, if you go into the diagnostics screen and see the Hard Drive button enabled it means you're gon'a lose your recorded programs and timers soon. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts