Question about 301 & OTA antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I have an 811 HD receiver hooked up to an OTA antenna and everything has been fine. Today I ran a line to my 301 in basement, hooked it up to antenna-in on back, but I am not receiving the local channels and they are not showing up on guide like on the 811("local digital"). My manual says nothing about OTA reception. On the 811, you go to System setup and scan digital & analog. But the 301 guide has nothing like that. I used a 3-way splitter(one to 811, one to 301, and the third I capped off for future use). Can somebody please help me? Thanks.

To view the local channels, make sure that you have the power off on the 301 reciever and then you'll need to change the channel on the television to view the locals. Or if you're running the RCA cords (video input) from the 301 to the television, you could just input the antenna into the television with coax cable. If that does'nt work, it may be that you have too long of a cable run from the antenna and you may need an amp to up the signal to the T.V. Hope that helps.

wobbie

Thanks, I'll try those ideas. So the 301 does not work like the 811 then. On the 811, the guide shows the locals as "local digital" or "local analog", and you tune with the guide.

301 and OTA antenna

Still no luck. Should I not hook up the antenna cable to 301, and just hook it up to TV?

The 301 does not have a OTA tuner in it. All the Antenna input is is a pass through. The onyl way to get info for the locals on the 301 is to subscribe to them. The follwoing receivers have a way to integrate OTA with satellite

You could hook the antenna straight to the T>V. coax input and run the 301 through the video input. If that does'nt work, try an amp on the OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)