Question about 510 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

herzzreh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Question about 510/322 receivers

Is the 510 smart enough to automatically download the 44-hr guide from 119 if 110 becomes unavailable?

Are there any E* receiver smart enough to do this?

***EDIT*** Let me rephrase the question, is the 322 or 510 smart enough to download the 44-hr guide from 119 even though 110 satellite IS available but the transponder with the 9-day guide IS NOT available.

If the receiver is unable to get the 9 day guide(note that the 322 ONLY gets the 44 hour guide), then it will go with the 44 hour guide. There were some issues with the 522 and the 44 hour guide, but I THINK they fixed them.

The dvr models are the only recivers that get the 9 day guide.. If its missing 110 it will get only a 44 hour guide because the 9 day guide is only avaible from the 110 location. Unless dish changed things around..

goaliebob99 said:
The dvr models are the only recivers that get the 9 day guide.. If its missing 110 it will get only a 44 hour guide because the 9 day guide is only avaible from the 110 location. Unless dish changed things around..

Yes, and it works fine. My problem is that I can only get one transponder (8) on 110 but the receiver thinks I'm getting all of them and continues to try and get the 9-day guide and eventually freezes.

Apparently it's not smart enough to fetch the 44-hr guide if it can't get 9-day guide even though 110 is available.

If he's only getting transponders 8/10/12, then it could be hooked up to a D* triple sat dish. D*'s LNB downconverts trans 28/30/32 to 8/10/12. An E* receiver will see these trans, but won't be able to use them since they are the wrong trans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts