Question about a 5LNB install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
I have my install setup for next week. I friend of mine had the new dish put in and the installer said something like the new satellite's are lower so they had to move his placement. Not sure if thats true but i have a phase 3 dish now with also the 72.5 dish for my locals. I should have no problem with the new dish if i already pick these satellite's up? I thought the new satellite's fall in between these????

The new satellites are at 99 and 103 degrees, which of course are very close to the existing 101, so you shouldn't have a problem. The issues come up when people who only get 101 try to add 110 and 119. When my AT-9 was installed, the installer was concerned about a tree and moved it about 15 feet from where the original dish was (still on the back of my roof).

multiswitch

Hi, I'm a first time poster. I already have HD service with appropriate receivers and will be upgrading to a 5 lnb dish next week. My Directv and OA cables are connected to a multi-switch to supply a total of 3 HD receivers. Will I need any additional equipment to add the 2 extra lnb's, ie, a different multi-switch or something? Can I expect the Directv installer to have the correct equipment? Thanks for your help!

Ed

Don't expect anything from the installer. :) The installer will have to bring a different multiswitch as the one you have won't work with the 5LNB dish. Also, your OTA can't be diplexed like it is now with your current multiswitch. (Well it can, but it gets complicated. :)) FYI, the 5LNB dish has four outputs just like the 3LNB dish.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to call Directv to inform the installer of the multi-switch situation. If the OTA signal cannot be diplexed through the switch, will I then have to connect directly to my receivers or is there another workaround?

Ed

For now you will have to connect the OTA antenna directly to the receivers. Directv has developed a "single-wire multiswitch" which can be used with diplexers as well as splitters (not all receivers are compatible, however). It is being field tested but availability has not yet been announced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts