Question about a DishPro dual LNB dish.. DiSEqC or 22kHz?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I was just (literally 20 minutes ago) given a Dishpro dish, with all the hardware.

After doing some google searching and whatnot, I am left confused. this has two circular LNBs in it, and 2 outputs, apparently has some sort of combination of the two lnbs inside of it.

My question is.. Is this a DiSEqC switch, or a 22kHz switch? Some sites say DiSEqC, some say 22kHz..

And if it is DiSEqC.. does that mean I cannot use my other DiSEqC switch? I really dont want to have to run a dedicated wire for this dish just for music and Nasa TV..... and I do not think that cascading switches will work either...

If it is 22kHz, which one is which? 22khz On = 110 or 119?

Diseqc..

Take both leads from the twin and feed ports 1 and 2 of a 4x1 switch. Specify 119 as port 1, 110 as port 2. You can use the other two ports on the switch as normal. Remember that your receiver will not see horizontal frequencies from the DP and the verticals will have to be adjusted accordingly.

No horizontals? Does that mean these are stacked LNBs? thats an odd way of doing it.. I may just forgo using this at all, since it looks like I only have use for 119 anyways, I may take one of my old DSS lnbs and put it on this dish instead Its not really worth using 2 ports on the DiSEqC for just this..

Stacked... yes. Not to hard to configure though. 119 will get you some pretty good music don't forget. But if 110 is all you need then ditch it :)

Well, thats what I mean, ditch 110, and just use a single circular on 119 for the music... Lyngsat does not seem to be working for me at the moment, but I dont think there is any FTA on 110 other than Gol TV, and that does not interest me that much.

correct
110 has Gol TV and a couple of preview channels
119 has the audio channels...you can use a Dish or Direct LNB but a twin won't work right

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts