Question about a QAM modulator for a headend

d00d3l

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
College Station TX
Hello all, hopefully I am posting this in the right spot - I've seen numerous others post about their FTA headend's QAM modulators here so I figured I'd give it a go :)

I have a Scientific Atlanta D9477-1 MQAM modulator. I have a device which outputs a DVB-ASI signal, and I'd like to modulate it onto a digital QAM channel coming out of my micro-headend (yes, I am that much of a geek!)

Issue is, I can't seem to get it to do so. It says the encryption mode is PowerKey, and I have no clue how to turn it off. Countless tries in the serial console have led to nothing, yet at the same time I see many others here using this same modulator to put out clear QAM signals. I assume I'd also have to map the PID of the input to one of the 4 RF outputs. Does anyone know how I'd go about modulating the ASI input onto a clear channel, for my FTA headend? Any advice is well appreciated!

Reactions: c-spand
I don't use this device and I see nobody else has any knowledge of it or is willing to share knowledge. I expect that it is more of the former. There is a document on the Cisco web site that looks to define installation and operation of this device. Search for file name

78-718866-01_D.pdf

It appears to me that it can answer your questions.

If the device could be had for a decent price, it looks like a great way to make your own mini headend with QAM channels.

Hope this helps someone.

Bongu

Sent from my SM-N975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)