Question about activation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BethTN

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
We have our equipment up and running and have excellent signal strength. I called to have SkyAngel activated and this is the third day that I am waiting. I was wondering when you hooked your system up, before it was activated, what did you see on your screen?

I can go to channel 580 and I see the words "international professional info"

and underneath that I have a message that says "attention acquiring satellite signal"

Will it be this way until they activate it?
Thanks!
Beth

You should be able to see channel 580. This channel is available to anyone whether the receiver is activated or not. The acquiring signal message tells me that your dish is not aimed properly or there is a problem between the dish and the receiver. What does the signal test show on the receiver?

Menu 6-1-1 on most receivers.

See ya
Tony

I checked..

I have excellent signal strength. I went back to 580 and it shows the info for the program but the screen is black now, instead of saying acquiring satellite.

Activation

I can also go up to sky angel channels like 9708 and read the info but I don't see anything. I am wondering if this is just part of the activation and I am not fully activated yet.

If you can see 9708, then it sounds like they are getting it ready

If you don't have SA, those channels are not in the guide

I think so. SkyAngel is confusing to me, I am used to having Directv and they just turned it on immediately and I was on the phone with them and it was ready. I bought my Dish Network satellite from Sears Liquidation on Ebay and I guess I am just worried it won't work right. I can't get a refund if it doesn't and I will be out $100. I am just anxious to see the channels come on and work right:)

BethTN said:
I think so. SkyAngel is confusing to me, I am used to having Directv and they just turned it on immediately and I was on the phone with them and it was ready. I bought my Dish Network satellite from Sears Liquidation on Ebay and I guess I am just worried it won't work right. I can't get a refund if it doesn't and I will be out $100. I am just anxious to see the channels come on and work right:)
call dish network and get technical support. Sounds like you have a receiver problem to me. They can tell for sure and even work out a swap if need be

Will Dish Network deal with me, even if I am only subscribed to Sky Angel?

I called SkyAngel and she had me reset it by pulling the smart card out and putting it back in and I have programming now!

I hope it stays this way..
Thanks for your suggestions and help..
Beth

Sounds like your Receiver was only seeing the Auth half, by pulling the card and reinserting it per their info caused the receiver to "reread" the auth info and thus allow you to see programs.

Which makes sense because you said earler in your posts that you could see the Sky channels (9705 etc...) but not get any programming on screen, if your Smart Card was not authorized for Skyangel those channels dont show up

Looks like you are good to go and I doubt you will have any problems as long as your dish contiunes to stay pointed at 61.5 etc. :)

Enjoy skyangel! ( I recently resetup my skyangel after not having it since 2001) -- I really love TVU and Spirit.. :) (I think I say that often though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts