Question About Adding Prepaid Receiver

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
I currently have one 322 receiver active, which I use for my Sky Angel package (lifetime sub).

If I were to also activate one of those prepaid 301 receivers (Dish Now/Dish Ya!--using it for the Top 60 programming package), would E* sock me with an extra receiver fee?

if you only need one reciver just activate the 322 with dish. other wise yes its an extra receiver. how did you get a life time sub to sky angel?

hobojoe said:
if you only need one reciver just activate the 322 with dish.
One of the reasons I was thinking about going with the prepaid receiver is that I only want to get the E* Top 60 package for about three months out of the year, and I was hoping to avoid the nasty downgrade fee. But if I have to pay the additional receiver fee, I might as well just do what you said.

BabaLouie said:
One of the reasons I was thinking about going with the prepaid receiver is that I only want to get the E* Top 60 package for about three months out of the year, and I was hoping to avoid the nasty downgrade fee. But if I have to pay the additional receiver fee, I might as well just do what you said.

Won't work. PrePay receivers are tagged so that they cannot be activated on regular accounts. Just get a prepaid card and activate it via the normal PrePay route. No need to add it on to your account.

nsafreak said:
Won't work. PrePay receivers are tagged so that they cannot be activated on regular accounts. Just get a prepaid card and activate it via the normal PrePay route. No need to add it on to your account.

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)