Question about blind scanning.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Have a pansat 2700a. Whenever I do a blind scan I get the same tps'. Keep coming up NYN amc5? when pointing at amc9 or any other sat. My setup is motorized. I used a gps to give me my lat. for the motor. it gave me 26.4(33615) so I set the elevation on the motor to 26. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

sounds like the motor isn't moving. Do you have it set up to move?
USALS you put in your latitude/longitude and store your true south satellite. Then when you move to other satellites the motor will move.

I can hear and see it move. It will pick up new tps but keep adding in the same ones.

What kind of scan are you performing, and are you changing the satellite in setup before scanning? On the Pansats, a blind scan is labelled "Smart Scan".

Tron said:
What kind of scan are you performing, and are you changing the satellite in setup before scanning? On the Pansats, a blind scan is labelled "Smart Scan".
After a hole lot of trail and error I figured that was the problem. The satellite had to pointed using setup. The smart scan function wont point the dish for you. I didn't see that little detail in the manuel.

I've noticed on the 6000 that if you initiate a "Smart Search" on a satellite that you are NOT pointed at, it will go ahead and start searching and turn the dish at the same time. So, it's sitting there doing a scan while the dish is turning. Guess that's why they had to slow the smart search down so much on the 6000. Hehehe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)