Question about cabling and signal distribution

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Need some advice. Dish 1000.4, about 50ft of cables to 3 cascaded DPP44 switches. Now I need to run a cable to a completely opposite side of the building and the only starting point that makes sense is the dish or the first 10 ft of cable. What would be the most logical and practical way to cut into the cables to split the signal without loss?

The premise has two wings and one is already wired. Second wing is same distance from the dish - 50ft. Each wing has 12 units hence 3 x DPP44.

The premise has two wings and one is already wired. Second wing is same distance from the dish - 50ft. Each wing has 12 units hence 3 x DPP44.
That was a pretty careful avoidance of answering a reasonably specific question.

if the total walking distance is only 100' from one end of the facility to the opposite, you need not burden yourself with worrying about loss.

I'd think 100' from dish to each end point, no problem. 200' may well be a problem.

That was a pretty careful avoidance of answering a reasonably specific question.

if the total walking distance is only 100' from one end of the facility to the opposite, you need not burden yourself with worrying about loss.

I'd think 100' from dish to each end point, no problem. 200' may well be a problem.

Okay, so if signal loss should not be a problem, what is the best way to wire the second wing if setting up second dish isn't possible?

Change the LNB on the dish for 3 DP dual LNBs. Run 1 line from each LNB into your first set of cascaded DPP44 switches. Take the second set of cables from the LNBs and run them into a second set of cascaded DPP44 switches.

Reactions: n0qcu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)