Question about D*DVR and disk burner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sloweddi

Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
NorCal
Howdy,
Prior to actually getting D* w/DVR I am doing a little research. As a veteran, I help out a lot of other disabled veterans with their TV viewing needs. A small group here can not afford the extra fee for digital programming (Sci-Fi Channel) so on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays I set the VCR and record shows for later viewing.
Now that I am moving and getting D* with DVR, I thought it would be nice to cut the shows I record to DVD.

1. Does D* DVR have a hookup to allow this

2. What DVD burner would you recommend.

Please be as simple as possible as I do not know all the numbers and terms yet.

Thanks

You can hook up a DVD recorder between a DVR and the TV just like you would a VCR.

I happen to have a Pioneer DVD recorder, and have been very happy with it, but I'm sure there are lots of choices out there that would fit your need.

Thanks everyone
I am looking at a bunch of equipment on ebay. There seems to be a glut of equipment for sale. Some DVD burners, some DVR/ burners/ Tivo basic.

I don't like "swiss army knife" electronic boxes

moonman said:
You might consider a combo DVR/DVD-burner player..takes the extra gear out of the
loop(note the Tivo fee is extra 12.95 month or 299 yr lifetime)
http://www.tivo.com/2.1.2.asp
Not worth it to give up the DirecTivo -w- dual tuners, IMHO.

You cannot edit Tivo-recorded material before dubbing from the HDD to DVD; that is possible with a separate DVD recorder.

Also, if one function dies (DVR or DVD burner) you have a more expensive box to replace.

I also do well with a separate DVD Recorder (that also has a hard drive).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts