question about device attached to receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
On one of my standard receivers his a power inserte connected to it. The cable from the wall is going to the power to SWM connection on the inserter and another line going from the signal to IRD connection on the inserter to the standard receiver box.

What is this and why is it installed on just one receiver? I'm assuming it is to help the strength of the signal going from the dish to the receiver in the room? Is this correct?

I may end up moving a HD receiver into that room and the standard receiver into the room I currently have the hd receiver in. If I do make this switch then should I leave the power inserter attached to the receiver it is on now? It doesn't matter on the room location just that it needs to be attached to one of the standard receivers. Is this correct?

I may end up moving a HD receiver into that room and the standard receiver into the room I currently have the hd receiver in. If I do make this switch then should I leave the power inserter attached to the receiver it is on now? It doesn't matter on the room location just that it needs to be attached to one of the standard receivers. Is this correct?

Leave the Power Inserter where it's at, that is important.

Just unscrew the cable from the receiver, move it to where you want and plug up the new receiver.

There is a splitter between your receiver(s) and the dish. The splitters usually have power-passing on only one leg. It is important that the Power Inserter stay on the power-passing leg of your splitter. If you move the PI to the non-power-passing leg of the splitter, it will not work. Whether the receiver on the power-passing leg is standard or High-Def is irrelevant...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts