Question about Directv wiring policy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ldc3000

Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Directv installer used the existing wiring when connecting my system. At the time I only got 2 receivers so he told me that I had to 2 more connections I could use later. Now I'm thinking about getting a HR10-250 and need to use one of those extra connections due to the unit's dual tuners. The problem is that the other wall jack is on the opposite side of the room. My question is when doing the initial install would they have ran a new line from the box outside to the current wall jack, so that I would have two connection instead of the one, if I had asked? If so would there had been an additional charge. I ask because at the time I ordered the system, I was told that the installer would use up to so much cabling (I think 100 ft. per receiver) to hook up the system, but now I'm reading here that installers are charging if they have to run cable. I'm I missing something?

ldc3000 said:
Directv installer used the existing wiring when connecting my system. At the time I only got 2 receivers so he told me that I had to 2 more connections I could use later. Now I'm thinking about getting a HR10-250 and need to use one of those extra connections due to the unit's dual tuners. The problem is that the other wall jack is on the opposite side of the room. My question is when doing the initial install would they have ran a new line from the box outside to the current wall jack, so that I would have two connection instead of the one, if I had asked? If so would there had been an additional charge. I ask because at the time I ordered the system, I was told that the installer would use up to so much cabling (I think 100 ft. per receiver) to hook up the system, but now I'm reading here that installers are charging if they have to run cable. I'm I missing something?
The basic installation that is free does not pay for wall drops it is at your cost to add wall drops. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)