Question about Dish 1000 Plus

uhcougar

Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Hi
I currently have Dish 500 with Top 100 programming. Will I be able to install a Dish Network 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus 110 119 129 High Definition HD and get south asian programming?
If yes, could you tell me whether the following things are enough:
Dish 1000.2 Polar Plate
Dish 1000.2 Reflector
Dish 1000.2 Integrated Adapter Bracket (formerly known as a yoke)
Dish 1000.2 DPP LNB
Dish 1000.2 Satellite Mast Arm
Dish 1000.2 Hardware Pack
If not, can you tell me what to buy.
Regarding the installation, is it as simple as removing the Dish 500 and replacing it with the new one?
PS: I am not under any contract and hence would like to buy my own equipment and self install.
Thanks in advance

You want a Dish500+ for internationals. An additional Dish500 will not work for the 118W slot as it requires a special LNB and a much larger dish. You might be able to get internationals from 61.5W (if you can see it) with another Dish500 and a refit of your existing Dish500 with a DishPro+ Twin LNB assembly.

If you subscribe to internationals, DISH Network will see to it that the necessary dish is installed.

Thanks guys,
Dish wants me to sign a new 2 yr contract for getting international programming. So I am thinking of just replacing my existing Dish500 with Dish500+ as you guys have mentioned.I live in Bay Area (94086 zip) and hope I can look for dealers selling Dish500+.
It would be great if I can also get to know the things I need to buy along with the Dish500+?
Thanks a lot, once again

Hi
I currently have Dish 500 with Top 100 programming. Will I be able to install a Dish Network 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus 110 119 129 High Definition HD and get south asian programming?
If yes, could you tell me whether the following things are enough:
Dish 1000.2 Polar Plate
Dish 1000.2 Reflector
Dish 1000.2 Integrated Adapter Bracket (formerly known as a yoke)
Dish 1000.2 DPP LNB
Dish 1000.2 Satellite Mast Arm
Dish 1000.2 Hardware Pack
If not, can you tell me what to buy.
Regarding the installation, is it as simple as removing the Dish 500 and replacing it with the new one?
PS: I am not under any contract and hence would like to buy my own equipment and self install.
Thanks in advance
dish 1000.2 will not help you. You need a dish 500 plus. that dish allows receptioon of the 110/118.7 and 119 sats..The SE Asian channels are on the 118.7 ...
In addition to the satellite antenna, you must purchase a dish pro plus 44 switch....Installation is not difficult. But is time consuming.
Be careful as this dish does weighs about 20 lbs. I recommend you try to avoid installing this dish on your roof if your home is two stories. It's fine for a professional but for a person not used to handling the dish and doing the install , your safety is a concern.

Thanks for the reply. I called dish network and they said I need a dish which can receive signal from 3 orbitals - 110, 119 and 105/121 for my zipcode 94086. So will Dish500 plus take care of this concern? If not, what is my best bet.

Check TNGTony's EKB - those 105W and 121W going to cleanup soon, better stick with 118.75W, but check first where are your channels resides now.
+1

There are many South Asian packages and some of them are available on one or two slots. The OP needs to be considerably more specific about what is desired.

I believe the needed switchgear is the DPP44 or the recently announced DPP33. If HD is in the future, the DPP44 would be the way to go.

This website http://www.dishchannelchart.digiblur.com/channel.pdf has South Asian channels on 61.5W and 148W. Will Dish500 plus do the work for me along with DPP44 switch? If not, what is the best combination(satellite & switch).
Thank You
61.5 may be too low on the horizon for you to even see it. 148 might be viable from the west coast but the biggest question still remains exactly which channels are you desiring to receive. DISH is trying to move all international channels to 118.7 to simplify international viewing.:)

Hi
I just spoke to Dish rep and he said I just need to replace my Dish 500 with Dish 500 plus and get 3 orbital locations - 110,119 and 118.7. My question is
1. Can I do a self install -- meaning how tough is the install?
2. How many LNB's do I need. Can I use my existing dual LNB's that are on my Dish 500 also?
3. What type of switch is required?

Thanks to all who responded and are responding.

I just spoke to Dish rep and he said I just need to replace my Dish 500 with Dish 500 plus and get 3 orbital locations - 110,119 and 118.7.
I wonder where I've heard that before.
1. Can I do a self install -- meaning how tough is the install?
It is very little different than installing any other dish. If you have done it before, it is relatively easy (as long as you have an accurate level and a working receiver).
2. How many LNB's do I need. Can I use my existing dual LNB's that are on my Dish 500 also?
One Dish500+ LNBF assembly. You cannot cobble something together because 118W and 119W are so close together.
3. What type of switch is required?
As I said above, a DPP44 (or DPP33 if you can get one).

If you've never installed a dish before, you should seriously consider going with the provided installation. Yes, it means a commitment of some sort, but it may save you a lot of trouble and it isn't all that likely that you have lots of alternatives for obtaining international programming.

Much of this dancing around with us and DISH Network could have been avoided if you had told us specifically what channels you wanted. If you need help reaching a goal, you're going to need to share the specific goal, not just parts that you think might be useful or sufficient.

Alrite. Will try to call dish and get it done. Looks more of a pain if I do it myself. will update y'all on this soon.
Thanks to all

if you play the cards right, you may get it for free......just have to keep asking. if your persistent enough, you could get it for free and no commitment or pay some and no commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)