Question about dish mover?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
I am planning a move to Miami from Jacksonville I have 3 510's and a 625, I called E* and was told that I qualify for a free move. I plan on installing all the receivers in my new home my self, In other words all the recievers will already be connected in the living room. Since the 3 510's are my kids receivers I keep them all in the living room and have the tv out cables run to thier rooms/ I was and still am concerned that the kids would play with the cards or possibly spill a drink or something like that. You know the crap kids do. Any how what I need the installer to do is install the dish and run the two cables from the dish to my 2 dp34 switches ( i will already have the sat in cables connected to the various receivers from the dp34) and run cables from the living room to the three bedrooms. I plan on taking my dish with me even though E* told me I should leave it. Will the "free" move cover the running of the wires from the dish to the living room and the running of the tv out cables from the receivrs to the rooms. Also the area in the living room main tv and receivers will be located does not have a phone line so will the installer run a phone line to the reciever? The house is all tile floors so I would presume the cables would have to be run through the attic. Any time a company tells me free I have my doubts. I was wondering if anyone had any insight if what I have to have done really would be free. Thanks.

If it matters I am moving from JAX fl to Miami, since I am a mover E* thinks I will be moving from Tampa to Miami, I do not think that matters but I wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Cool I am particular about how the boxes and switches are set up I really only want them to run the wiring from the dish to the switches which I keep inside, and from the tv out lines from the sat recvrs to the bed rooms and then a phone line to my 625.. I just cant belive its free for them to do the wire runs and am wondering if they will do the phone line. I own my dish lnb and switches so I am going to bring them just because they are mine. I am afraid that since I have two dp 34's to feed the 5 sattelite in connections that they will want to charge some kind of extra fee.

In all likelihood the tech will not run a phone line. They also likely aren't going to fish lines up walls in most cases as part of a free install. If you want that you better do it yourself. They usually take the easiest path and sometimes that is running cable outside and then poking through the exterior wall. If you want to locate your switches in the attic and have them run the cables from the antenna to the attic, that they'll do.

Also make sure you have the wiring you want done BEFORE the installer shows up. They will not leave the job half finished, because most of the time when this happens the customer never finishes it and calls and complains and the installer gets called back out to finish it

How come professional instalation does not include fishing wires through the walls and attic. the cable and phone companies do it. If I wanted wires stapled along the floor boards and across door frames i could do that my self. It is unsightlty and not what I would expect from a professional. Maybe I am just expecting too much.

I don't know what cable and phone company you have, but as a retired phone installer, I NEVER fished a wall. The company wouldn't allow the time. Now, I often went under a house and drilled a hole in the floor.

How come professional instalation does not include fishing wires through the walls and attic. the cable and phone companies do it.
I completely agree that what installers do looks like hell, particularly draping ugly black cable all over the outside of light-colored houses. My house came that way, courtesy of both DirecTV and Cox cable. I was unaware of any phone company or cable company that would do what we would call professional installations.

I don't know what cable and phone company you have, but as a retired phone installer, I NEVER fished a wall. The company wouldn't allow the time. Now, I often went under a house and drilled a hole in the floor.

I completely agree that what installers do looks like hell, particularly draping ugly black cable all over the outside of light-colored houses. My house came that way, courtesy of both DirecTV and Cox cable. I was unaware of any phone company or cable company that would do what we would call professional installations.

A couple of years back Bellsouth installed a phone line in my oldest sons room and they did a great job the new wires could not bee seen from either outside the house or inside. The new phone jack was installed in the wall just like the other phone jacks. I can not remember the name of the cable company that fished the new cable through the wall and installed a wall jack I think it was Adelphia. Again that was several years ago.

The amount of work you want done is not exactly a normal install by Dish standards. If a sub shows up for the job they may try to charge extra for wall fishing or a DPP44 to replace the 2 DP34s

If an internal dish tech shows up, they may reschedule the job if they think they will need help to complete it in a reasonable amount of time.

I doubt either will run phone lines, but they might have wireless phone jacks

Not every wall in every house can be wallfished, especially exterior walls

If you do some measuring and drilling before the tech shows up, it will save a lot of time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts