Question about dish network policies

1johnboy1

Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
I have a question about the dish network before I call them about setup. I live on a lake with a small camphouse next to me that I use for family gatherings and such. Will they install an extra receiver at my camphouse without charging me more than the 5 dollars for extra receiver? It is not worth paying another whole bill considering that I am only at the camphouse sparingly. It is about 100 feet from main house. Thanks for any answers in advance.

That's a bit iffy - not because there's anything wrong with it, but because some CSRs and Installers are unclear.

Tell them what you want when you order. You may be subject to an extra install charge for the extra cable burial and other effort. Of course, if you ARE SURE where the dish will go and bury the coax yourself ahead of time, it's likely the installer will be happy to take a quick$20 to finish it. :)

Note that you MUST use special direct burial RG-6 - or put it in conduit. I would lay more than one cable while I'm at it - ya never knw when you might need it.

Don't mind running the extra cable and having it ready. Just did not know if they would do it since it is a separate building. Should not be any different than adding a receiver to a shop etc. Thanks for reply.

There should be no problem with that since it is a single family dwelling. Just run the wire yourself and have them connect it up in the building. If the installer refuses have him install the receiver in a second room in the house and then take that receiver to the building when he leaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)