Question about Dishdepot.com

Bob G

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Hi guys,

I just asked this over at dbstalk and my post was quickly deleted without an answer so I figured I would answer over here.

Today I went over to Dishdepot.com and it appears that they are out of the business of selling satellite receivers and accessories. The site is now all about signing up new dish customers.

Does anyone know what happened? It appears that dishstore is the only place on the net now with dish equipment and accessories (and decent prices)

On thing that is strange is that both Dishdepot and Dishstore seem to use the same website for their new customer information, did these two sites combine together?

I must admit I have purchased from Marc at Dishdepot and Claude and Dishstore and both gave excellent service, I am just wondering why Dishdepot is out of the receiver and accessory business?

Thanks for any info you guys can give.

It looks, to me anyway, like they are still in business for us guys. The have completely changed their web site and you may have visited it when they weren't finished changing over. BTW, I hate the new look.

Don't worry we won't delete your message, it is a valid question. :) (BTW Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!!)

I noticed the change at DishDepot this weekend, and I am not quite sure whats going on. At the moment they are using basically a default Decentrix website. Decentrix is a company that makes Dish Network retailers websites, we use them at DishStore.NET for our new customer pages because they automatically update the site whenever Dish makes a change. (This is why some of DishStore.NET's pages look the same or ARE THE SAME as the ones seen on the new DishDepot site)

DishStore and DishDepot have NOT combined together. If they did I am SURE I would know about it since I run the DishStore.NET website. :D

I have delt with Mark from DishDepot and he has always been great and offered world class service, the same can be said about Claude from DishStore, both guys go above and beyond to make their customers happy.

Is DishDepot out of the receiver and accessory business? That I can't answer... Your best bet would be calling DishDepot and asking Mark what's up. :) (If you call make sure you post what he says here, I am sure there would be a few interested in knowing whats going on)

To be fair and in the interest of full disclosure, I must mention that DishStore.NET is a sponsor of SatelliteGuys and again I run the DishStore.NET website. :)

I just went to DishDepot.COM and they have receivers and stuff listed again, maybe you saw them when they were switching over. :)

The buttons were not there the other day when I last saw the site.

It looks like they are still in business to me. :D

I was just on the phone with Mark from DishDepot.

There were problems encountered when they transistioned from their old website to their new one over the weekend.

He had lost some information on an order I placed on Friday and he called me today to verify everything.

His webmaster is working on correcting any problems that remain.

He has always given me great service.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts