Question about DishPro Quad modes..

bbq ribs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Question about DishPro Twin Quad modes..

I know you can change the output mode of the DishPro Quad by using the "Check Switch" feature on Dish ird's but my question is does anyone know how to engage those modes without an ird? What exactly does "Check Switch" do? Tone on/off, voltage change, diseqc commands, ???

The default mode of the DishPro Quad is:

port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

and I'm trying to figure out how to put it in the mode where it's:

port 1 - 110/119
port 2 - 110/119
port 3 - 110/119
port 4 - 110/119

except without using "Check Switch" or a Dish ird. I know this can be done, I just need to know how "Check Switch" does it.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this!

Last edited:
I know you can change the output mode of the DishPro Twin Quad by using the "Check Switch" feature on Dish ird's but my question is does anyone know how to engage those modes without an ird? What exactly does "Check Switch" do? Tone on/off, voltage change, diseqc commands, ???

The default mode of the DishPro Twin Quad is:

port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

port 1 - 110/119
port 2 - 110/119
port 3 - 110/119
port 4 - 110/119

except without using "Check Switch" or a Dish ird. I know this can be done, I just need to know how "Check Switch" does it.

WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT There are Dish Pro Twins and there are Dish Pro Quads but there are no Dish Pro Twin Quads and there is no way of switching one to the other by checking switches.

WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT There are Dish Pro Twins and there are Dish Pro Quads but there are no Dish Pro Twin Quads and there is no way of switching one to the other by checking switches.

I am talking about a DishPro Twin, meaning it receives two orbital positions, with quad output. You know, a DishPro Twin LNB that has 4 output connectors? If the 'proper' name is DishPro Quad then I guess I'll edit my original post but I can't imagine semantics would make this so confusing..

WHAT?...This is funny...... There is no such thing as a DishPro Twin with 4 outputs. There is QUAD LNB's with 4 out puts and there are TWIN LNB's with 2 outputs. Quad meening 4 and Twin meening 2 . Thats just basic english.

I know you can change the output mode of the DishPro Quad by using the "Check Switch" feature on Dish ird's but my question is does anyone know how to engage those modes without an ird? What exactly does "Check Switch" do? Tone on/off, voltage change, diseqc commands, ???

port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

port 1 - 110/119
port 2 - 110/119
port 3 - 110/119
port 4 - 110/119

There is nothing in the question that makes any since at all, What are you trying to attempt? A check switch is performed when you want the IRD to see the current configuration. It will tell you what satellites you are currently on and what if any errors. You don't change anything in the check switch area. Unless you are talking about a FTA IRD, then thats a different forum and different website all together.

WHAT?...This is funny...... There is no such thing as a DishPro Twin with 4 outputs. There is QUAD LNB's with 4 out puts and there are TWIN LNB's with 2 outputs. Quad meening 4 and Twin meening 2 . Thats just basic english.

Funny, everyone I've ever talked to, including installers seems to think "twin" is a reference to the fact that there are two lnb's contained in a single housing. Hence a single lnb can receive 1 orbital positions while a twin can receive 2.

Anyways, as I said... Semantics.

There is a DishPro Twin. It has 2 outputs and can see both 110 & 119. There is an internal switch. The quad has 4 outputs

I know you can change the output mode of the DishPro Quad by using the "Check Switch" feature on Dish ird's but my question is does anyone know how to engage those modes without an ird?
why would you want ot try it without a DIsh box? What are you trying to accomplish?

There is nothing in the question that makes any since at all, What are you trying to attempt? A check switch is performed when you want the IRD to see the current configuration. It will tell you what satellites you are currently on and what if any errors. You don't change anything in the check switch area. Unless you are talking about a FTA IRD, then thats a different forum and different website all together.

As per the instruction manual for a "DishPro Quad", the device has different modes of operation. The mode is selected by whatever happens during a "Check Switch" from a Dish ird. The "Check Switch" is either using tones, voltage changes, or diseqc commands to set the mode of the "DishPro Quad". The question is, what exactly is it using, and if it's diseqc commands, does anyone know what they are..

As I stated... The default mode of a "DishPro Quad" is as follows, also per the instruction manual:

port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

and I'm trying to figure out how to put it in the following mode without the use of an ird:

port 1 - 110/119
port 2 - 110/119
port 3 - 110/119
port 4 - 110/119

Yes this is possible. To make it easier, if you don't know how the internal switch in the "DishPro Quad" technically works, then you aren't going to be able to answer the question.

why would you want ot try it without a DIsh box? What are you trying to accomplish?

That's simple, just to use the DishPro technology. Meaning, able to send both polarities down a single run of RG6. It's a much more convenient way to transport the signal and eliminates the need for unnecessary switches.

My apologies, it seems I've posted my question in the wrong forum... I didn't notice there was a sub-forum specifically for technical questions. I'll re-port my question there where it's more appropriate..

To any moderators:

Please delete this thread.

Thanks.

My apologies, it seems I've posted my question in the wrong forum... I didn't notice there was a sub-forum specifically for technical questions. I'll re-port my question there where it's more appropriate..

To any moderators:

Please delete this thread.

Thanks.
Why would it make since there if it don't make since here?

I know you can change the output mode of the DishPro Quad by using the "Check Switch" feature on Dish ird's. My question is does anyone know how exactly "Check Switch" does it? Tone on/off, voltage change, diseqc commands, ???

port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - 119
port 4 - 110

and I'm trying to figure out how to put it in the following mode but without using a Dish ird:

port 1 - 110/119
port 2 - 110/119
port 3 - 110/119
port 4 - 110/119

I know this can be done, I just need to know how "Check Switch" does it.

Why would you want to change any settings in the check switch mode?, What are you trying to do? The dish ird's are in default. The quad had an internal switch. No matter what port you use it is already switching from 119 to 110 when you change channels. What are you trying to do? (i don't get it)

Why would it make since there if it don't make since here?
The question makes perfect "sense" and since it's a technical question, it belongs in the sub-forum specifically for such. If you don't understand what I'm asking, or don't know the technical answer, please don't bother responding. There's no need to hassle me about it.

and I'm trying to figure out how to put it in the following mode but without using a Dish ird:

What mode?, It is an automatic switch event. Think of the LNB as an automatic transmission, It changes all by itself. You don't change a thing.

Am I missing something here? Without using a dish ird?.. Okay, Who spiked the egg nog?

I am not trying to change any "Check Switch" settings. The DishPro Quad can operate in 3 different modes. I am asking how exactly the ird, or rather the "Check Switch" command, tells the DishPro Quad to switch into one of it's alternate, meaning not default, modes. It's doing it either by tone on/off, voltage changes, or diseqc commands.

If you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, please don't reply. I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just looking for accurate information from someone who knows the answer. If you don't know, don't bother. This is the second time I've asked politely.

I am trying to HELP YOU!!....... sir, I would not be wasting my time asking you to clarify if I was not here to help you. This is the 2nd time asking you "What are you wanting to do"? You did not answer me the first time. I enjoy helping people with satellite questions, Thats why I am here and not sitting in front of the TV.
You can forget about me helping you, I hope you can get the answer you are looking for.

The question makes perfect "sense" and since it's a technical question, it belongs in the sub-forum specifically for such. If you don't understand what I'm asking, or don't know the technical answer, please don't bother responding. There's no need to hassle me about it.
Your right, I don't understand. But by the same token, If you don't know what you are asking, Don't Ask!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)