Question about DVR recording

dish522noe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Hello everyone. I'm new with satellite and I'm learning as I go. My question is, I have this show recorded on TIMERS on 522 on "all episodes mode". The show, lets just call it "Show A" only gets recorded on my local channel only, because that's where I started recording it and it doesn't get recorded on satellite channel, even though show "Show A" is the same title on my local channel or satellite channel.

I called the CSR and they told me, I should do two timers. One I should press record on the local channel and one on the satellite.

My question is this right???? Am, I missing something???

Please help. Thank you.

You do not have to create two timers to do what you want to do. It does not do it by channel name but does it by show title.

Stargazer said:
You do not have to create two timers to do what you want to do. It does not do it by channel name but does it by show title.

My personal experience is what you are saying is only correct if you set the timer up as a Dishpass. Using Dishpass it will record the show title on any channel it is on.
Using the reguler timer however limits the recording to only the specific channel I set the timer and my 522 won't record the same show title on any other channel.

jtravel, thank you for your comment. I did it on on DISH Pass mode and it records every shows, whether its on my local or satellite channel. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts