Question about getting a replacement receiver.

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
My 625 which I bought in January seems to have died. It was recording a show then the screen went blue and the single mode light and rec light on the 625 went out. The green power light was still on so I did the holding the power switch thing the green light blinked but still no output from the 625. I then disconnected the power source left it unplugged overnight but nothing. So at this point I call E* speak to tech support tell them my story. They make me go through the whole routine of problem solving and no results. The rep tells me that they are going to send me a new unit and that I would have to return the one I have. They told me about the return labels and are going to ship it to my "vacation home" because I told them I would be away from my "main home" address the two week period beginning on Columbus Day. They already have the address in the system it is a separate account for Lil on my 301.

My question is what exactly do I send back? Do I send everything like the remotes, and instruction book? What about the UHF antenna for the tv2 remote. Do I also return that attenuator they have for the tv2 output? Or do I just send the 625 unit and keep all the stuff that came with it? Also what are the potential costs to me? The rep said nothing but that does not mean a thing if a charge shows up on my bill. I know the receiver was not mishandled because it has been in the same spot since it was installed. There was no electric problems like lightning and the unit was plugged into the same power surge protector as the tv my other 2 E* receivers the surround sound system and the dvd recorder. All of those devices are fine. Also how will I confirm that E* has received my receiver and what proof will I have to keep to prove that fact several weeks months from now.

I know I should ask the CSR's at E* and I will I just want to know the facts from anyone who has gone through what I am about to. Actual experiences are what I am looking for because I know how it is supposed to go and sometimes it does not work out that way.

You send back just the receiver, because that all they are going to send you. As long as the receiver does not look like someone pour water into it, drop it on the floor or beat it with a hammer. You should not have any issues with returning it. on the UPS label there is a label you can peel off and save. SAVE IT, the biggest issue i have hear of it get lost by UPS or it get to where it's going and something happens. Once Echostar know it did receive the receiver they know it's on them, but you need to be able to track it.

You send back just the receiver, because that all they are going to send you. As long as the receiver does not look like someone pour water into it, drop it on the floor or beat it with a hammer. You should not have any issues with returning it. on the UPS label there is a label you can peel off and save. SAVE IT, the biggest issue i have hear of it get lost by UPS or it get to where it's going and something happens. Once Echostar know it did receive the receiver they know it's on them, but you need to be able to track it.
Excellent English.

...As long as the receiver does not look like someone pour water into it, drop it on the floor or beat it with a hammer...
Who in particular should I expect the receiver to look like? Most people I know are round, not rectangular. How will pouring water into it, dropping it on the floor, or beating it with a hammer help the situation?

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)