Question about Install/Ordering Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tmal14

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I was a Dish Network customer and canceled my service in July of 2011 and subsequently moved to a new house.

Now that the Hopper and Joey are out, I'm again interested in getting Dish. Will I be considered a new customer since many months have passed since I canceled?

Also, our old house was a one story ranch house with the Dish installed on the eave of the roof. The new house is a two house will the installers go up that high to install the dish on the roof, or just tack it to the side of the house? The roof provides the best line of site over the trees in the back yard, but I'm not sure an installer will go up to a second story roof.

I wanted to check because I have seen some dishes in my neighborhood have them at the very top of the roof, where others are on the ground next to the driveway.

Just wanted to see what the "rules" are for installing a Dish, so I don't get one tacked on a pole in my yard when it could have been installed on the roof easily.

Lastly does anyone know of any dish installers in Cleveland?

tmal14 said:
I was a Dish Network customer and canceled my service in July of 2011 and subsequently moved to a new house.

Now that the Hopper and Joey are out, I'm again interested in getting Dish. Will I be considered a new customer since many months have passed since I canceled?

Also, our old house was a one story ranch house with the Dish installed on the eave of the roof. The new house is a two house will the installers go up that high to install the dish on the roof, or just tack it to the side of the house? The roof provides the best line of site over the trees in the back yard, but I'm not sure an installer will go up to a second story roof.

I wanted to check because I have seen some dishes in my neighborhood have them at the very top of the roof, where others are on the ground next to the driveway.

Just wanted to see what the "rules" are for installing a Dish, so I don't get one tacked on a pole in my yard when it could have been installed on the roof easily.

Lastly does anyone know of any dish installers in Cleveland?

As far as the rules of install: it is where the installer determines is the best location. Remember, the easier it is to access the dish, the easier it is to install it, peak it, and maintain it.

If the second story roofline is the best location then that is where it should be put. But sometimes closer to the ground is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts