question about installation/3rd HDTV

samgovol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I have a setup question. I just purchased a 3rd HDTV and I want to put my HD dish programming on it.

right now I have.
vip 211

just added a new hdtv, so can I just purchase another 211 and install it on the new set. My current wiring from my 2 dishes (one pointing at 110 and 119 the other dish points at 129) brings in 2 cables (one for the 622 and one for the 211.) So, would I have to have a switch of some sort to have a 3rd receiver? Thanks for the input.

Sam

You could go a little cheaper if you can easliy run another line to your 622. Get a Dish Pro LNBF instead of the Dish Pro Plus, and get a dp34 switch. Run two lines from the dp lnb into the dp34 and the existing line from your 129 into the 3rd slot. Then run a second coax to your 622 and take out the DPPlus separater and run a new line to your new 211. You can get dp34's and Dish Pro Twins both cheap on eBay. Like Randall said though be carefull with used stuff.

is it possible

I also have cable here in the house. Is it possible to bring in cable and my 2nd tv channel output (from the 622) on the same line, possibly with a diplexer?

For example, my 622 goes to TV2 on a line, can I diplex that line with cable?

Yes you can diplex, but tv2 output needs to be set for cable and probally set on a higher channel to avoid interference from your cable service.

diplex

OK, I tried a diplexer to bring in both the cable feed and the TV2 output feed and I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

I have a diplexer outside (at the cable box) and inside (at the TV2). Do I need a diplexer in both places or just a splitter inside. I have the cable running into a HDTV cable box and from the diplexer(inside). I think my problem is that the diplexer says cable/uhf (that is the one I have running my cable tv in) and then the other output on the diplexer says sat. output. The sat output running directly into my TV and the satellite output is set to channel 86(as not to interfer with the cable) and still nothing.

I really appreciate the help!!

you need 2 diplexors, one on the outside to combine the 2 signals, and then one inside to separate the two signals.

getting closer

OK, now, I have 2 diplexers (one outside and one inside) and I have the TV2 output working, but the digital cable is not working yet. The only way that I have been able to get the tv2 output to work is to put it on the uhf/tv part of the diplexer (both inside and out) and the cable coming in is on sat input. Does it really matter?

OK, now, I have 2 diplexers (one outside and one inside) and I have the TV2 output working, but the digital cable is not working yet. The only way that I have been able to get the tv2 output to work is to put it on the uhf/tv part of the diplexer (both inside and out) and the cable coming in is on sat input. Does it really matter?
YES! It does matter if you are using a diplexer the SATELLITE input
goes on the satellite in and either CABLE OR TV2 goes on the OTA/CABLE side. Cable and TV2 are combined with a backward splitter(as a combiner).:)

help

OK, I understand that it is important to have the diplexer inputs the correct way, BUT, I am not bringing in a satellite feed. I am trying to bring the TV2 output and Comcast digital cable in on the same line. Right now, all I can get is either TV2 output (from my 622) or Comcast digital cable. (But not both at the same time, which is what I need to do)? I guess I am going to have to break down and pay someone to come out and install a 2nd cable outlet in my bedroom (specifically for my Comcast.) I am still up for any suggestions.

Thanks

splitters

OK, I tried using splitters instead of diplexers and I was able to bring in the digital cable, but the TV2 output (from the 622) was snowy. I tried changing the output channel a few different times and it was still snowy. But, it seems like I am possibly closer! Any suggestions

OK, I tried using splitters instead of diplexers and I was able to bring in the digital cable, but the TV2 output (from the 622) was snowy. I tried changing the output channel a few different times and it was still snowy. But, it seems like I am possibly closer! Any suggestions
You have too little knowledge about what you are trying to do, I suggest that you consult a local dealer for help. You have posted on several forums and don't seem to have any idea about what you are doing. Professional help will probably be cheaper and less trouble some for you.:) :) :)

thanks for the input. The reason I am trying to do this myself is that every time I have a dish network installer out, I end up having to tell them what to do. So, yes, I may not have the solution for this, but I was just asking for help. Thanks anyways for the unhelpful information.

thanks for the input. The reason I am trying to do this myself is that every time I have a dish network installer out, I end up having to tell them what to do. So, yes, I may not have the solution for this, but I was just asking for help. Thanks anyways for the unhelpful information.
Do not call Dish network for this type of assistance..Call a local retailer and spend the money to have this done properly..Right now in reading your posts it seems as though you are grasping at straws. I commend you for trying to be a do it yourselfer. But as I always say, when in doubt, let the pros handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)