Question about laptop speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I know this is general question but my speakers suddenly went out on my laptop. "Toshiba Satellite with XP and SP2" although all the speaker software is the same on all.

Any Ideas? I have went though the device manager to make sure all the hardware and drivers are still there and also the crappy windows self trouble shooting but still no luck.

1. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected.
2. If not that, uninstall & reinstall the audio device via the device mgr.

Attachments

• sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Checked for the default device.
Unistalled everything in device manager then restarted and windows found and reinstalled everything but still no luck.:river

weird. any external mute button pressed or something? maybe something internal damaged? a U/R should have repaired a software/driver issue.

I think it is something internally I have been though everything and nothing is muted. I have not tried a external set of speakers or headphones so I will try them as soon as I find what my son done with them. :devil:

That is a good idea with hooking up some external speakers or headphones. That should tell you if it is hardware or software related.

Well I got it back working somehow?
I can hear anything that is not going though WMP which is ok cause I have Realplayer which I less prefer but it will work.

Try removing and reinstalling that WMP software if you care to get it working. Maybe something is corrupted. If you enable system sounds like windows open and close, can you hear that?

Real Player

The Tate said:
Well I got it back working somehow?
I can hear anything that is not going though WMP which is ok cause I have Realplayer which I less prefer but it will work.

Just an FYI

real player is MAJOR malware/spyware and even though the format is a major success. There are alternatives...use google. I learned about Real software years ago!

Correct Gizzer! The offical Real Player is "bad"; the software you speak of should be called RealAlternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts