Question about Locals in Nashville

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I still have not switched from Charter to Directv yet which I plan to do but am confused about the Local Channels in HD.

On the directv page when I enter my zip code I get the following:

HD Local Channels: High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are not available in your area at this time.

What happend to the Nashville HD locals that was on before?

Lem52

The 37030 zipcode which is Carthage, Tn can get them which is about 40 miles from 38501 Cookeville which is my zip code. I don't think I will make the switch unless the HD locals are made available.

Lem52

Nashville Is There!

I live in Cookeville and have all the locals in HD. 2, 4, 5, 17 CW 58 is not there yet. The local PBS feeds in HD will be there in the next 3 months. You can get the Nashville spot as far away as Crossville and Livingston with no problems. I think their computer programming is based on a normal spot beam. The spots for each Local is different. The East coast spots are very small due to how close the cities are to each other. Rual areas get a bigger area spot feed. Byrdstown gets the SD feeds, but I am not sure about the HD feeds there.

I live in Cookeville and have all the locals in HD. 2, 4, 5, 17 CW 58 is not there yet. The local PBS feeds in HD will be there in the next 3 months. You can get the Nashville spot as far away as Crossville and Livingston with no problems. I think their computer programming is based on a normal spot beam. The spots for each Local is different. The East coast spots are very small due to how close the cities are to each other. Rual areas get a bigger area spot feed. Byrdstown gets the SD feeds, but I am not sure about the HD feeds there.
So just to be sure, you're in Cookeville, have D* and have the Nashville HD locals via satellite? Did D* just turn then on for you with a Cookeville address or did you have to 'move' in order to get them? I ask since my brother in law lives in Cookeville.

Thats good news then. I thought I did see the locals at the Electronic Express awhile back so I was wondering what the heck happened.
I do get all the HD from Nashville with Charter but Charter does not have some of the HD channels I want in HD.

Lem52

Lem52: try AntennaWeb and select DIGITAL ONLY for your results.

I have tried the OTA antenna option but they won't come in this far from Nashville. They did at times but I never could get a steady signal with an antenna and an amplifier and gave that up. I live next to a wooded area which affected my signal because it was alot better without leaves.

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.