question about moving in stages..

stretch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
I'll be moving soon, halfway across the country. the rest of my family won't follow me for several weeks, or maybe months. I've been a Dish customer for almost 10 years and don't want to lose that account. But I also need to get something at the new address.

I suppose I could buy a 2nd receiver and place at new address (no locals as I'd be out of the spot beam) but I'd need a 2nd dish to go with it and I am not good at installing those things.

Anyone have any ideas?

You will need to have two accounts (one for each address) if you want service at both locations.

You are better off signing up for a new account at your new address and take advantage of all the new customer promotions.

Call up and use the Dish Mover promotion to get the dishes installed at the new house. Then, just take one receiver with you and plug it in at the new house. Tell the installer when he shows up that you are just getting service installed so it will be up and running when you do actually move.

I just recently did this. Dish came out on Sunday to install my dishes. I told the installer all he had to do was get the connections in four rooms "hot" and thats what he did. I had an old receiver with me that we checked out each location just o make sure it was working. Two weeks later when I finally did move, I just took all of my receivers and plugged them in.

Now, since youre moving across the country, the receivers you leave at the old house will probably lose locals as they turn on your new locals as soon as you move service. Those receivers will also have the time/time zone settings for your new address. This wasnt an issue for me as I was just moving across town.

I completely understand not wanting to close an account that you have had open for 10 years. Dish takes care of long-time customers.

Exactly what Steven said. I moved from Las Vegas to Tucson and did the same thing (movers program). My wife and household were setup in Tucson 3 weeks before I left Vegas. I kept one box with me and had no locals but all other programming worked fine.

I just recently did this. Dish came out on Sunday to install my dishes. I told the installer all he had to do was get the connections in four rooms "hot" and thats what he did. I had an old receiver with me that we checked out each location just o make sure it was working. Two weeks later when I finally did move, I just took all of my receivers and plugged them in.

Lucky you. I wouldn't do that. If I have to guarantee it, I'm hooking it up. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

let's say I go with this idea. I have one reciever. If I use the mover program and also move up to a new 622... and then also pay to keep the old reciever... will they require both be present at the new address when they do the install or can I "forget" and leave the old one at the old address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)