Question about moving

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
So i am going to buy a new home. When I move from my current residence can/do i take the sattellite dish with me? Will dish charge me anything to move it to my new location? Do i have to pay install charges?

They moved my dish for a new 1 year subscription but they will not install a second dish if you have one on your current house i found that out the hard way.

Guess I will be taking my dish with me. I dont want to do another commitment and do credit card autopay just to get a new install...

The upside to it though is that I get to decide where the cable is ran...unlike my current install. The installer ran it where it was most convienient, meaning my 522 receiver is in the bedroom...so no dobly digital unless i want to move my surround sound into the bedroom...

If you're married, you could always cancel your current account and sign up under your wife's name (and social security number) with an all new account at your new house. Then, you would have brand new (free) equipment and no commitment.

chaddux said:
If you're married, you could always cancel your current account and sign up under your wife's name (and social security number) with an all new account at your new house. Then, you would have brand new (free) equipment and no commitment.

I had to agree to a 1 yr commitment to get my 522 at no cost...so id pay a penalty to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)