Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I just moved from a house into a condo. The condo has a shared DirecTV dish. I am uncertain about whether I will continue to subscribe, so put my account into suspension.

My question is about the dish and LNBs on the roof of my house. The D* CR told me that I owned that equipment, not them. That it would be left there and if I want to take it, I could remove it and take it. I don't want it. But it has always been my understanding that D* owns that stuff. Do they just leave all of that? If the new owners want it removed, what are they supposed to do?

DirecTV owns the receivers (If they are leased). The Dish, Cables and whatnot are considered the owners. You can remove them, or the new owners can. DirecTV does not due to possible damages (roof leaks in particular) left by the screw/Bolt holes. DirecTV doesn't contract any roofers, so can't guarantee safe removal. I know this part sounds terrible, but... it's in the original agreement.

yeah the dish & LNB usually stay. When I moved I left my dish there (at the old house)

as for the shared dish setup. If its through a 3rd party company the building manager (or whatever condos have) will tell you that. When I moved into my apartment the building manager gave me the info for the company that manages our building for Directv.

Otherwise hook up the receiver, redo satellite setup and see what happens. Thats what I did and am still able to use my HR34

I'll tell you why they want it left. In 2003 when I bought my house I had been using cable in my old rental. When I first moved in here I saw the Directv dish, figured the house was prewired/setup for Directv, and called them.

They still came out and replaced the dish and customized a setup to my liking, but I went with them by default because that was what the previous owner had.

That dish on the roof is a great customer acquisition tool.

I'll tell you why they want it left. In 2003 when I bought my house I had been using cable in my old rental. When I first moved in here I saw the Directv dish, figured the house was prewired/setup for Directv, and called them.

They still came out and replaced the dish and customized a setup to my liking, but I went with them by default because that was what the previous owner had.

That dish on the roof is a great customer acquisition tool.

And we techs love seeing them! Always makes for a better day when we roll up on a job and the previous owner had directv already. Even get lucky sometimes and the power supply has been left :

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts