Question about new HD locals in Dallas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfstone

Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
I have a couple of questions about HD locals in Dallas. I understand the HD locals go live in Dallas today. To get these, do you have to update to the new MPEG4 service?

I have the HD Tivos units and as I understand the situation the new HD DVRs for MPEG4 won't be available till next year..

I get a nice signal from the OTA antenna for HD locals now but wonder if the national locals would have more true HD shows. Sometimes Dallas has SD or a show will be bound in black bars rather than in full screen even though it is supposed to be in HD.

D*'s feed of the locals is the same as what you get OTA.

So if your local affiliate screws up and postage stamps the broadcast, it will be just as bad over D* MPEG4.

And yes, to get them, you do need to upgrade, and HR10-250s can't get them.

Since you get good OTA, don't even remotely consider upgrading until the new DVRs are out. The entire reason of HD locals is for people who can't or don't want to go OTA.

H

Thanks for the response... This is what i suspected but wanted to confirm. Will wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts