Question about new HD programming packages

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Right now I have AM top 180 with my locals (Kansas City area). Plus I have the HD channel package. My question is. Which new HD programming package is similar to what I have right now? When I call in April to upgrade my 942 to a 622 do I tell them that I want to sign up with the new HD Bronze? Are the standard channels in that package the same as Americas top 180? Because I was checking it out on dishes website. And I might have missed it but some channels i get now like HGTV I didnt see on the new package. I might have just overlooked it though. Not sure. Thanks for any info.:)

Bronze is the HD channels plus the AT60
Silver is the HD channels plus the AT120
Gold is the HD channels plus the AT180
Platinum is everything.

You need the Gold package to get the same standard channels you're getting now. The Gold package with the local channels is $74.99 a month.

Larry
SF

Another question like the first.............

I also have the AT-180 package with HBO/MAX.........54.99
DishNet Local Pack(Minneapolis)................................8.99
Premium Warranty....................................................4.99
Dish Network DVR Service Fee...................................4.98 (942 reciever)
Dish Network DVR Service Fee...................................4.98 (510 reciever)
Addl Reciever Access Fee............................................4.99 (?) 811 reciever, I think
Addl Reciever Acces Fee..............................................4.99
Dish Network HD Package...........................................9.99
Voom Original.............................................................5.00
Sales/Local tax............................................................5.46
Total........................................................................$119.36

My question. What on God's Green Earth should I ask for with the NEW Metalic Packages to save me some money on this? I know I can stop the 811 fee, as I don't use that much. Also, am I getting hosed? I do enjoy the AT-180+HD+Voom. I have a 2nd dish at 61.5.
Thanks for the response:
Lyle

Parlyle said:
My question. What on God's Green Earth should I ask for with the NEW Metalic Packages to save me some money on this? I know I can stop the 811 fee, as I don't use that much. Also, am I getting hosed? I do enjoy the AT-180+HD+Voom. I have a 2nd dish at 61.5.
Thanks for the response:
Lyle
It doesn't look like you'll save money, but for a few extra dollars you can get the whole ball-of-wax...which appears to be the direction E* is moving its HD customers: (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

DishHD Platinum w/locals (AT180 + all movie channels...$104.99
DHPP....................................................$5.99
Dish Network DVR Service Fee.............$0.00 (942 reciever - included DishHD Platinum)
Dish Network DVR Service Fee.............$0.00 (510 reciever - included DishHD Platinum)
Addl HD Reciever Fee...........................$6.00 (811 reciever)
Addl SD Reciever Fee...........................$5.00 (510 receiver)
Dish Network HD Package...................$0.00 (included in DishHD)
Voom Original.................................$0.00 (included in DishHD)
Total...............................................$121.98 (3 receivers without tax)
Total...............................................$115.98 (2 receivers without tax)

riffjim4069 said:
It doesn't look like you'll save money, but for a few extra dollars you can get the whole ball-of-wax...which appears to be the direction E* is moving its HD customers: (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

DishHD Platinum w/locals (AT180 + all movie channels...$104.99
DHPP....................................................$5.99
Dish Network DVR Service Fee.............$0.00 (942 reciever - included DishHD Platinum)
Dish Network DVR Service Fee.............$0.00 (510 reciever - included DishHD Platinum)
Addl HD Reciever Fee...........................$6.00 (811 reciever)
Addl SD Reciever Fee...........................$5.00 (510 receiver)
Dish Network HD Package...................$0.00 (included in DishHD)
Voom Original.................................$0.00 (included in DishHD)
Total...............................................$121.98 (3 receivers without tax)
Total...............................................$115.98 (2 receivers without tax)

If I am not mistaken, their is a $0 DHPP fee with an 18/mo comitment.
Total...............................................$115.99 (3 receivers without tax)
Total...............................................$109.99 (2 receivers without tax)

Last edited:
OK, now.................

Chris Freeland said:
If I am not mistaken, their is a $0 DHPP fee with an 18/mo comitment.
Total...............................................$115.99 (3 receivers without tax)
Total...............................................$109.99 (2 receivers without tax)

This gives me something to go on. I really want to get a VIP-622 if and when it becomes available to the public. ( I know, I know, they are taking orders, but I want to see how everything about these recievers shakes out ) I haven't leased any equipment from E* yet, but I guess that's the way to go with this reciever. I can't see spending $6-700ºº again for the new one. I probably will dump the 811 or save it for my grandkids, for future "show and tell", and we don't have any grandkids, yet. I will tell you one thing, this forum has been the best information havens I have ever come across. I thank you all for the information. We all should thank the people who put so much time and effort into this.
Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts