Question about new service

daveturpin

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Shelby Township, MI
Hello guys

Here's my situation. I have recently move from the Bluefield, WV area to Shelby Township, MI.
I have purchased rather large home, and was looking into getting Satellite TV. In Bluefield i had Xfinity, and I looked into it and see it is offered in Shelby Township. But I would rather have satellite tv.

What is the maximum amount of HD tvs Dish Network will allow you to have? I only really need HD/DVR for two of the rooms but hd in a total of 8 rooms.
But if I can have HD DVR in all 8 that would be excellent. But later on may need it for two additional rooms, would that be hard to do later on. Cost is not so much of an issue, but rather not spend too much on getting tv service set up in the home.

I appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Accounts are limited to a total of 6 leased televisions under most circumstances. There are options for more equipment that the sales department would be able to set up, usually with purchased equipment.

Well, a 2 Hopper, 6 Joey setup would serve your current needs, but might be more difficult to expand later since you would have to add another Hopper (each Hopper can only service 3 Joeys=4HDTVs. You might start with 3 Hoppers and 5 joeys - 2nd and 3rd Hopper would be $100 each, but you could expand this setup to up to 12 HDTVs. You may have to purchase several of the Joeys, others would be leased.

I believe doing this setup with conventional ViP receivers would be quite expensive ($500+), because after the 3rd receiver, you must buy the additional receivers and each ViP 211 sells for about $100 on eBay (make sure to check the serial number with Dish before bidding).

Your best bet is to contact one of the DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) reps that are here in the forum and have them advise you. If you back out to the forum list and go to the bottom of the page a lsit of on-line users would show them listed in red, after 5 posts you can PM them.

Ok i appreciate the help and the information. I am thinking of just staying with 8 tvs because 10 is not something that I really need.
Just thought that it would be nice to have that setup. But I will look in the options that you have listed for me. I appreciate the help again

If 8 tvs will suffice then 2 Hoppers and 6 joeys would work for you.That is spreading the 3 tuners per hopper pretty thin though if your a heavy dvr user.

If 8 tvs will suffice then 2 Hoppers and 6 joeys would work for you.That is spreading the 3 tuners per hopper pretty thin though if your a heavy dvr user.

It would only be spread thin if there are actually that many people in the house watching TV. If they only have 2-4 people they should be fine. Now if they have more than 4 people then it could be interesting.

It would only be spread thin if there are actually that many people in the house watching TV. If they only have 2-4 people they should be fine. Now if they have more than 4 people then it could be interesting.
But if only 2-4 people watching it would be much cheaper to split outputs and send them to all TVs. Seeing Hopper only has 3 tuners sending the signal to 8TVs is going to leave 2 of them without independent channel selection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)