Question about OTA

siuc1996

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
T
I just got the 612 and 211 and have a Terk antenna going into the OTA feeds so I can get local HD channels. My question is during storms that knock out the satellite, will I still be able to get the OTA feed through the tuner? My wife is worried about losing the ability to see severe weather alerts due to a knocked out tuner. I know I can always plug the antenna into my TV but in the middle of the night during a storm, I may not like having to switch it up.

You will still get them even when the sat is out. I do.

I just got the 612 and 211 and have a Terk antenna going into the OTA feeds so I can get local HD channels. My question is during storms that knock out the satellite, will I still be able to get the OTA feed through the tuner? My wife is worried about losing the ability to see severe weather alerts due to a knocked out tuner. I know I can always plug the antenna into my TV but in the middle of the night during a storm, I may not like having to switch it up.

Wow, this really helps. I split the signal between the two. I will unsplit and see of my signal improves. I didn't know about the menu option. I thought I was stuck with searching for signal. While were on the OTA topic. Is there any way to disable the "searching for signal" when an OTA channel drops momentarily?

Thanks for the advice. Every time my sat signal went down, I would try to push the guide button but I could never get rid of the dreaded signal box. I'll try going through the menu way the next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)