Question About Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
Hello all I'm Ely and this is my first post here, Nice forum :)

I have been a DirecTV customer for the last year or so, when I signed up for the service I received two Hughes boxes and they have done their work fine, cant complain, however lately I have seen news and posts on this site about the cool new interactive features of the latest receivers and I have been thinking of upgrading, however I have a few questions about them.

1-) It is my understanding that there's three different versions of this latest box that is: the D10-100, D10-200 and D10-300. Could someone tell me the differences between then if any?
2-) Which of those is the VERY latest one?
3-) Is it possible for me to order this box from DirecTV or will I need to order it myself somewhere?
4-) Once I get this box will my current access card from my hughes receivers work on the new box or will I need to order new cards?
5-) Will I just be able to plug in the new receivers and insert the old card and presto it will work or will I need to call DirecTV to activate the new receivers?

Thanks in advance for any help.
It will be appreciated.
-Ely

Ely,

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

1. All D-10 are basically the same. the -100/200/300 pertains to the actual manufacturer, but they all look and work basically the same.

2. see #1

3. We sell forum members, and now you qualify, the D10 for $24.99 delivered to your door.

4. We supply new access cards with every receiver, do not use your old access card.

5. You have to call DIRECTV to activate the service. Again, do not use your old access card.

-Robert

Hey Robert thanks a lot for your fast reply, That's a very good price and I will certainly be making an order from you guys, I have however heard there have been some upgrades for the D10-100 ONLY. can you confirm this or the upgrade is actually for ALL D10 receivers?

So far the software update has only been sent to the D10-100, but the D10-200 and D10-300 have the same physical updates as the D10-100 (active buttons), just the software has yet to be updated on the 200 and 300 as well, eventually, I would imagine, all D10s will get the software update. As of now though, only the D10-100 have it that I know of.

Welcome to Satelliteguys Ely!! :welcome

Robert will take care of you for sure. That isn't a bad price at all for a new receiver that allows interactive functionality.

The latest 'upgrade' to the '100 is more of a downgrade if you use an 'external' PVR. They 'changed' the Async serial port config and which hoses up most PVRs that use it. FWIW there appears to be a work-around for SageTV users.

Again thanks all for your replies, I have ordered one from valueelectronics com Let's see what I get, Does anyone know how long it takes for it to get to me? and is it really free shipping?

Ely said:
1-) It is my understanding that there's three different versions of this latest box that is: the D10-100, D10-200 and D10-300. Could someone tell me the differences between then if any?

D10-100 : made by Thomson
D10-200 : made by Humax
D10-300 : made by Philips

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Ely,

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

1. All D-10 are basically the same. the -100/200/300 pertains to the actual manufacturer, but they all look and work basically the same.

2. see #1

3. We sell forum members, and now you qualify, the D10 for $24.99 delivered to your door.

4. We supply new access cards with every receiver, do not use your old access card.

5. You have to call DIRECTV to activate the service. Again, do not use your old access card.

-Robert

did they do anything to inprove the font size of the guide? i have a d-10
in the closet that i couldn't read

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)