Question About Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Does this list apply to D10's,D11's ,R15's and the HD models also?

100= RCA/ Thompson
200= Samsung
300= Philips
400= Hughes
500= Humax
600= LG

Thanks

I have 2 H20s, both say series 600.
So these would be LG?
Anyone know why one says made in Korea, the other in China?

Multiple factory contracts.

Most large companies do this in case of factory shut down at one or more locations due to fire, weather, politics, etc. Never have all eggs in one basket. Its that simple.

charper1 said:
Multiple factory contracts.

Most large companies do this in case of factory shut down at one or more locations due to fire, weather, politics, etc. Never have all eggs in one basket. Its that simple.

So which one do you think will die first? :D

The ones made in the USA; LOL!

I have no idea, everyone can get a dud from anywhere, thats the nature of mass produced CE products; like cars.

Both LG and Humax make some of the highest quality products around.

LOL, but Thomson Consumer Electronics (a subsidiary of Thomson Multimedia) is a French company correct? I know they have US HQ in Carmel, IN ... do they make DBS stuff there too. I also read there is a $6B bid on the table to buy them. AND back in '98 MICROSOFT, DIRECTV, ALCATEL, and NEC -- took equity positions in them; are they the bidders?

Last edited:
wolfman said:
I had 2 H-20's made in Korea, and both were defective.

I'm not sure about the receivers, but my general experiences with most other electronics is that Korea is the worst quality, China is mediocore and Japan is good stuff.

It's a very general rule of thumb, but it's held true for alot of things.

charper1 said:
LOL, but Thomson Consumer Electronics (a subsidiary of Thomson Multimedia) is a French company correct?

That has nothing to do with it. I hate their stupid guide plus having TV's, and sometimes those things will change channel numbers, but not the actual channel. All this is compounded by customer's who pay $100s of $$ for tvs then LOSE the remote! I prefer Sony and Sanyo, with magnavox coming in a close 3rd. The only thing worse than an RCA is a cheapo walmart after thanksgiving day/christmas special.

Back in the early days of HD, RCA used to build d* IRDs into the TV. I would go do an install and then not be able to activate for some BS reason or other, always involving the access card.

chadzx11 said:
That has nothing to do with it. I hate their stupid guide plus having TV's, and sometimes those things will change channel numbers, but not the actual channel. All this is compounded by customer's who pay $100s of $$ for tvs then LOSE the remote! I prefer Sony and Sanyo, with magnavox coming in a close 3rd. The only thing worse than an RCA is a cheapo walmart after thanksgiving day/christmas special.

Back in the early days of HD, RCA used to build d* IRDs into the TV. I would go do an install and then not be able to activate for some BS reason or other, always involving the access card.

Oooooh how i hate that "guide plus"..........

chadzx11 said:

There stuff is crap, I was joking about them being a French controlled company made in America.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)