Question about service address

Status
Please reply by conversation.

awax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
I have my service address listed listed at my hunting cabin rather than my primary residence as at the hunting cabin it is in the same DMA but qualifies for all distants. Didn't really see a point in changin it since I do use Directv at the hunting cabin for a couple of week a year. I got a new HDTV and I want to get the new 5lnb dish installed at my primary billing address rather than the service address. Can I do this? Will the installer call Directv and have my service address changed?

I have my service address listed listed at my hunting cabin rather than my primary residence as at the hunting cabin it is in the same DMA but qualifies for all distants. Didn't really see a point in changin it since I do use Directv at the hunting cabin for a couple of week a year. I got a new HDTV and I want to get the new 5lnb dish installed at my primary billing address rather than the service address. Can I do this? Will the installer call Directv and have my service address changed?
D* will setup the install at your service addressYOU will have to change the address to get the install done.
:)

Any mail or equipment will be shipped to your Cabin not your actual address...

Your supposed to use the physical address where your equipment actually is located as your primary. You can have a different billing address. If a tech is dispatched to you for a service call, then they will show up at the primary address you report, this means they will discover your not actually present. Despite the fact your in the same DMA, doesn't necessarily mean you will still qualify for DNS. If the OTA signal strength for your market is improved at your real address then you may no longer qualify. You should always be completely honest with DirecTV. To find out if your new actual address qualifies still, click on this url:
http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

If you find that you still qualify, then call DirecTV and update to your actual address as your primary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)