Question about service for RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sabal

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I could not find anything that fits the question I need to ask doing a search of the forum so here goes. The question pertains to getting local channels when one travels to a distant location in their RV.

I called D* today to inquire about service for my RV due to the fact that I travel a good bit. The CSR explained it in this way; he said that when you get to a new location, you just enter the zip code into the receiver and it automatically reverts to the local channels in the area that you are in. The RV service deal includes a receiver and a "travel tripod."

That sounds great and beats the heck out of anything that E* offers. (I am presently an E* customer) Are any of you fellows out there familar with this service, and does it, in fact, work as described?

I could not find anything that fits the question I need to ask doing a search of the forum so here goes. The question pertains to getting local channels when one travels to a distant location in their RV.

I called D* today to inquire about service for my RV due to the fact that I travel a good bit. The CSR explained it in this way; he said that when you get to a new location, you just enter the zip code into the receiver and it automatically reverts to the local channels in the area that you are in. The RV service deal includes a receiver and a "travel tripod."

That sounds great and beats the heck out of anything that E* offers. (I am presently an E* customer) Are any of you fellows out there familar with this service, and does it, in fact, work as described?

I would question them a few times on this. It would be a great thing if it were true, but I have never seen it done this way.
I have been told to call D* when you get to your destination and then they may change it for you and call again when you get home, I highly doubt that they would set up your reciever to be open to all city's that way.
Sure would be nice of them though.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)