Question about signal strength and rain?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I had my system for about two months, last night I lost my signal do to rain. I should have checked the signal strength last night during the rain but I dint even Think of it and just watched a DVR recording. (This was the first rain since I got Dish) This morning after the rain and I got my TV back I checked my signal and had:
Sat 119 Transponder 11=110
Sat 119 Transponder 12=114
Sat 110 Transponder 11=93
Sat 110 Transponder 12=100
Should I call Dish and have it tweaked a bit or should I try tweaking it my self or is that a pretty good signal and it was just do to the thunder storms last night and I will have to live with it when it rains like that?
Thank you.
I have a Dish 500 with a 522 in dual mode
Thanks again
Lenny

blockisle9 said:
I had my system for about two months, last night I lost my signal do to rain. I should have checked the signal strength last night during the rain but I dint even Think of it and just watched a DVR recording. (This was the first rain since I got Dish) This morning after the rain and I got my TV back I checked my signal and had:
Sat 119 Transponder 11=110
Sat 119 Transponder 12=114
Sat 110 Transponder 11=93
Sat 110 Transponder 12=100
Should I call Dish and have it tweaked a bit or should I try tweaking it my self or is that a pretty good signal and it was just do to the thunder storms last night and I will have to live with it when it rains like that?
Thank you.
I have a Dish 500 with a 522 in dual mode
Thanks again
Lenny

thats better signal than I get.. Ide say you are fine. My 119-11 is around 100 even and my 110-12 is around 94. However Rain fade is generally caused by the density and distortion of the moisture in the clounds and whats falling to earth. This is because enough H2O can distort a microwave pretty easily. Ive only had RF once or twice sinc eI got dish 2 or so months ago and it has rained all the darn time. It just depends on the amount of moisture mainly. But your signal is pretty darn good. you could tweak it if you wanted to but you really dont need it. I have tried to tweak mine a couple of times but I get worse signal than i hav enow which leads me to conclude im at the best i can get for now.

Sorry to double post but during bad thunder storms you might consider disconnecting your 522 and make sure your system is well grounded. without grounding you are asking for lightning because the system cant bleed static. That is just a helpful suggestion tho.

I agree with Shadow - you've got good signal. And you not only should make sure they grounded your gear properly, but also have surge suppressors on satellite feeds, phone line, and power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)